We have been loving MasterClass for years – it’s our most-used and loved digital subscription with streaming video from some of the most amazing instructors you’d never thought you’d get to learn from! If you have some time on your hands to learn new skills, techniques, mindsets, or just want to be entertained by genius, get MasterClass! And yes, it’s educational and entertaining, all at once! If you’ve always wanted really fun personal and professional development, MasterClass is the perfect place to go! Plus, if you want to really know how to write the next great American novel, become an art director, write inspiring speeches, or advance your business skills, there’s really no better place to learn.
What is MasterClass?
MasterClass is an online education library filled with exclusive courses taught by geniuses in their field. Every course has a series of video lessons – all incredibly high quality and all packed full of genuine insights from the world’s best at what they do. Each course has a theme, with about 20-25 video lessons. They also include digital workbooks and community activities. You can squeeze them in during lunch, on a commute, during a stretch break, or binge them while working out or on the couch! It’s a lot cheaper than any college course or continuing education, and more flexible too, as they are all self-paced.
MasterClass vs. Skillshare
We do get questions on what’s the best between Skillshare and MasterClass! MasterClass is really about personal development, and it’s an entertaining and fun way to develop skills with beautiful cinematic classes taught by the worlds’ best. If you’re looking to learn specific technical skills step-by-step, we would suggest checking out Skillshare’s free trial, too! For sure, Skillshare offers classes like interior design, but they’ll have classes that will teach you how to care for houseplants vs. MasterClass’ inspiring learn everything about gardening, plants, and soil from the “Gangster Gardener” Ron Finley!
How does MasterClass work?
Classes range anywhere from 2-5 hours and each class is made up of several lessons that range from 5-25 minutes in length – some classes may have longer lessons. You can watch and re-watch at any time.
- Each course has a downloadable PDF workbook to supplement the videos
- Get feedback from fellow students in the MasterClass student groups that you can use to exchange feedback and discuss the lessons.
- Complete classes at your own pace. Your access continues until you cancel your annual membership.
- Download some videos for offline viewing with the iOS app. Stream them all through iOS, Fire TV, and Apple TV apps!
How much does MasterClass cost?
You can get access to every single MasterClass for $180 for the year. We really like the all you can stream subscription, because they’re adding new classes and instructors all the time – about 1 or 2 every single month.
Who teaches the MasterClass courses?
It’s an all A-list team!
There are now 85+ instructors covering courses in Film & TV, Music & Entertainment, Culinary Arts, Writing, Business, Politics & Society, Sports & Games, Design, Photography, & Fashion, Lifestyle, and Science & Technology! The masters include leaders like Margaret Atwood, Bobbi Brown, Jodie Foster, Neil Gaiman, Sara Blakeley, and more. They all share their insights and best knowledge in an easy to approach format! There’s so much talent in one place. You can get our notifications of new instructors by signing up here.
How can you watch MasterClass?
MasterClass has recently made it easier to view anywhere you are – in addition to watching in a browser on your tablet or computer, you can get the MasterClass app on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and iOs (iPhone + iPad) too.
Our Favorite MasterClass Courses!
Dr. Jane Goodall shares her insights into animal intelligence, conservation, and activism.
The former commander of the International Space Station teaches you the science of space exploration and what the future holds.
Bobbi Brown teaches you the tips, tricks, and techniques for applying simple, natural makeup that makes you feel beautiful in your own skin.
Join Daniel at the poker table. Learn his strategies to advance your cash, tournament, and online play.
Celebrated chef Gabriela Cámara shares her approach to making Mexican food that brings people together: simple ingredients, exceptional care.
See all our MasterClass Reviews!
Check out our in-depth MasterClass reviews for individual courses!
- MasterClass Natalie Portman Acting Class Review
- MasterClass Ron Finley Gardening Class Review
- MasterClass Stephen Curry Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring Class Review
- MasterClass Howard Schultz Business Leadership Class Review
- MasterClass Sheila E. Drumming and Percussion Class Review
- MasterClass Samuel L. Jackson Acting Class Review
- MasterClass Gabriela Cámara Mexican Cooking Class Review
- MasterClass David Baldacci Mystery and Thriller Class Review
- MasterClass Neil Gaiman The Art of Storytelling Class Review
- MasterClass Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Class Review
- MasterClass Aaron Franklin Texas-Style BBQ Class Review
- MasterClass Serena Williams Tennis Class Review
- MasterClass Helen Mirren Acting Class Review
- Masterclass Dominique Ansel French Pastry Fundamentals Class Review
- MasterClass Will Wright Game Design and Theory Class Review
- MasterClass David Sedaris Storytelling and Humor Class Review
- MasterClass Wolfgang Puck Cooking Class Review
- MasterClass Ron Howard Directing Class Review
- MasterClass Jimmy Chin Adventure Photography Class Review
- MasterClass Daniel Negreanu Poker Class Review
- MasterClass Gordon Ramsay Cooking II: Restaurant Recipes at Home Class Review
- MasterClass Billy Collins Reading and Writing Poetry Class Review
- MasterClass Tan France Style for Everyone Class Review
- MasterClass Itzhak Perlman Violin Class Review
- MasterClass Gordon Ramsay Cooking I Class Review
- MasterClass Brandon McMillan Dog Training Class Review
- MasterClass Chris Hadfield Space Exploration Class Review
- MasterClass Anna Wintour Creativity and Leadership Class Review
- MasterClass David Axelrod and Karl Rove Campaign Strategy and Messaging Class Review
- MasterClass Penn & Teller The Art of Magic Class Review
- MasterClass Jake Shimabukuro ‘Ukulele Class Review
- MasterClass James Suckling Wine Appreciation Class Review
- MasterClass Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein Advertising and Creativity Class Review
- MasterClass Garry Kasparov Chess Class Review
- MasterClass Jodie Foster Filmmaking Class Review
- MasterClass Dr. Jane Goodall Conservation Class Review
- MasterClass Paul Krugman Economics & Society Class Review
- MasterClass Christina Aguilera Singing Class Review
- MasterClass Doris Kearns Goodwin U.S. Presidential Leadership and History Class Review
- MasterClass Danny Elfman Music for Film Class Review
- MasterClass RuPaul Self-Expression and Authenticity Class Review
- MasterClass Thomas Keller Cooking Techniques III: Seafood, Sous Vide, and Desserts Class Review
- MasterClass Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Class Review
- MasterClass Thomas Keller Cooking Techniques II: Meats, Stocks, and Sauces Class Review
- MasterClass Sara Blakely Self-Made Entrepreneurship Class Review