Welcome to the 2014 Holiday Gift Guide! We are all looking for the best holiday gifts and the best gift guides and I have been furiously finding some hits. It’s been so fun and exciting creating this gift guide for all your shopping needs for the season, and there are great ideas for everyone on your list. Reviews of items and giveaways are still forthcoming. Readers, feel free to share your ideas in the comments section! Be sure to see all my 2014 Holiday Gift Guide posts.
My blog’s Christmas and winter holiday shopping guide is sponsored this year by Barnes and Noble! Look out for my post soon with all the details, including more gift ideas from Barnes and Noble, and the awesome #HolidayGiftGuide Giveaway! Need even more help with your shopping? Don’t forget to check out the subscription box directory on the drop down menus and feel free to leave me a comment asking for help with your trickiest gift conundrums. Don’t forget to check out the Holiday Prep Guide for pre-holiday preparation ideas and come back Thanksgiving weekend for Black Friday & Cyber Monday Subscription Box Deals.
Gifts for Kids
- Lalaloopsy Color Me Doll ($30) Perfect for girls who love to color on their dolls, which is all of them. Also available at Target. [Review]
- Lego Minecraft Micro World ‘the End’ ($34.95) Perfect for the Lego-loving Minecraft aficionado! See even more awesome Minecraft gifts!
- Doc McStuffins Talking Mobile Cart ($45) This is basically the hottest gift for little girls
- Lego Duplo Jake’s Pirate Ship Bucky ($40) [Review] My son loves this toy and plays with it every single day.
- Frozen! We need all the Frozen! I love this Frozen Music Box for trinket collecting and especially the Frozen Headphones (so I don’t have to hear it again). See more Frozen gifts for every fan on your list.
- Skylanders Trap Team ($75) Available for all the consoles and portable gaming devices including tablets! [Review]
- Durango Cowboy Boots are always my pick for my kids! Country Outfitter has a giant selection of boots – use them for dress up and every day. Trust me on this one, opening boots = Christmas! [Review coming soon]
- The Imaginext Rover ($110) is the ULTIMATE outer space experience for preschool boys.
- Li’l Woodzeez Tree House ($40) I think these little characters are SO super cute and fun and appeal to a wide age range and both genders. [Li’l Woodzeez review]
Want a fun monthly activity subscription box? Try the list of subscription boxes for kids!
Gifts for Teens and Tweens
- Destiny ($60) According to Nielsen, the most wished for on gamers’ holiday lists! An incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure, it’s rated T for teen so you can gift it guilt free. [Review & giveaway coming soon]
- These trendy and fun Toms Shoes are always a hit with teens – especially the One for One program gifting a pair to a child in need with every purchase. Loads of designs for girls and boys. $10 off any $55 MarketPlace purchase with code FALLMARKETPLACE or $10 off any $100 TOMS branded purchase with code FALL10 at TOMS.com! Valid through 11/30. Check out the Target TOMS collection starting 11/16.
- Funko Pop Vinyl ($9) There’s a Funko for every kid’s collectible desires. These are super hot in the teen crowd – fun toys for the slightly younger ones, and hot collectible decor for the older ones.
- Disney Tsum Tsum Plush ($4.95 – $24.95) Um, yes. So cute, appeals to multiple ages!
- Teen Fiction – Everything from dystopian nightmares to thrillers to vampire fiction. We get so caught up in getting the latest and the best that we forget that teens LOVE to lose themselves in an awesome book!
- Seriously, do I need to tell you? Just get them a new phone. Doesn’t need to be an iPhone, but it sure is amaaazing!
- My teen niece says: If you love me you will get me this (Pusheen the Cat Calendar) for Christmas!!! ($15)
- Chalkboard Markers! I am obsessed with these and Crafty Croc makes a gorgeous set of chalk pens plus labels! Use msplurge at checkout to save $5! Exp 12/31 [review coming soon]
Gifts for Women and for Mom!
- South Hill Designs offers gorgeous jewelry customizable for every woman. Put together a locket just for her and accessorize with gorgeous extras for a special gift! Love the trinity bracelet for a religious gift (I gifted one to my grandma this summer!) Need help selecting something? Drop me a line! (Psst, the Make A Wish Collection is perfect for creating Disney-themed lockets!)
- I am IN LOVE with Natori right now! I have been obsessed since seeing the Natori Xianado robe on Mellie in an episode of Scandal. Check out the budget friendly N by Natori line at HSN, the youthful Josie by Natori line, or the luxury Natori line. The robes and wraps are absolutely perfect for a holiday gift. Gorgeous, flowy, ageless style. Shown here, the Paisley Russe wrap. Total silk luxury. No really honey, this is what I want for Christmas.
- I am always in love with Jonathan Adler – check out the subway art-inspired Seasons Collection and someone send me this cutey cute Pink Elephant keychain case!
- Muk Luks offer the most adorable winter accessories for women! The scarves! The slipper boots! The gloves! The vintage ombre armwarmers! We need these.
- Hunter Boots ($150) are gorgeous, glossy, high-style, and she can wear them year after year! Love. I saw someone wearing a pair today – they had to be on this list!
- A little something something to tuck in with your gifts – do not overpay for high quality totally adorable hair ties – these cute Anthro-inspired ties are glitzy and perfect for every woman with long hair ($4.50)! Plus, reader Cara makes them! <3 You! [Review coming soon]
Pendleton is an amazing brand with classic clothing, accessories, and home goods from their woolen mills in the Pacific Northwest. They have something special for everyone! Love this reversible cape ($399) and you MUST check out the gorgeous shawls. Blake Lively has been seen sporting Pendleton this season! It’s a Pendleton Collaboration and you need to see them all!I’m no longer impressed with their business practices. Skip this one.
- UGG “Alena” Slippers ($120) I couldn’t resist adding these!
- COACH ‘Edie’ Leather Shoulder Bag ($375) I love this bag in Brass. A little sparkly style without being too out there – and perfectly perfect for year round heavy duty use.
- Le Pique Nique Pouches ($12-14) Pick one of these darling pouches to stuff full of your beauty finds or a sweet treat and she can use it any time! Love it, so adorable and unique.
Nearly every box in my subscription directory is perfect for women. Find what she loves and pick her up a subscription!
Gifts of Beauty
- I have crushed so hard on everything Tokyo Milk this year. From stocking stuffers like the amazing lip elixirs to the gorgeous designer scented body souffles. Save 15% with code ALSAVE15.
- I love these special edition Clarisonic sets, including one for men!. Be sure to check out my review and comparison of Clarisonic [note the Aria is now called Mia 3], it’s a fantastic gift for the holiday! If your recipient already owns one, be sure to see the brush head value sets!
- Stocking Stuffer! Get hot cult and luxury beauty favorite nail lacquers like UNT from LiveLovePolish! [review]
- Urban Decay Naked Vault ($280) on every eyeshadow fiend’s wishlist! Too much? See all my picks for holiday palettes and sets from Sephora ($20-$50) and shop Sephora’s Holiday Gifts!
- philosophy ‘sending you holiday wishes’ duo limited edition set ($20) What a GREAT stocking stuffer or hostess gift!
- Honeywell Filter Free Warm Mist Humidifier ($35) Keeping your environment moist gives makes hair & skin glow and shine. Perfect if she has everything and you’re stumped. [review & giveaway]
- Birchbox Vanity Affair Limited Edition Box ($98) Packed full of beauty luxuries at an affordable price. [Review]
- iSkelter Beauty Station ($68) Perfect to keep her vanity ship-shape.
See all the beauty subscriptions – any one of them would make a delightful gift!
- Lindsay Burck Designs offers Grandma’s or Mom’s handwritten recipes lovingly printed on tea towels. Holding memories in your hands = priceless. [Review]
- With Create UR Plate you can make removable decals with photos or your kids’ artwork, and stick them on glass plates! Very neat! Now through November 27th, take 25% off your order at Create UR Plate using the code TURKEY25 at checkout!
- Artkive offers an amazing no-work concierge service. Send in a box of your kids’ art and they photograph it and send your child’s professionally photographed artwork in a book. I love this.
- Montage Photobooks – this is THE photobook service I have been looking for. Pick your photos, the software makes a no stress no hassle book. No review yet, but you’d better believe I’m trying it out ASAP.
- GoPro Hero 4 ($499) What a gift to capture some awesome memories – and basically kidproof, dadproof, and everything proof. See the kind of photos you can capture here. I’m very seriously leaning towards purchasing one for our big family gift for our big family trip to Disney World right before Christmas.
Gifts for Baby
- A Wubbanub pacifier is an awesome baby gift or stocking stuffer any time, but if you are gifting to a baby, you’ve gotta get your hands on the Reindeer! [review]
- The Little Tikes Discover & Learn Activity Center grows with baby – remove the train tracks after baby is done! [review coming soon]
- I’m pretty well obsessed with Aden & Anais Bamboo anything! Love their burpy bibs especially – they convert from burp cloth to bib! The bamboo is so silky smooth.
- Want to gift mom & baby a beautiful gift? Check out Baby Bump Bundle! [review]
- Twilight Cuddle Buddies – Fox ($30) Cuddly by day, soothing stars by night.
Don’t forget to check out the list of Baby Subscription Boxes! Ranging from baby to toddler, there is something for every tot!
The Big Lebowski’s Westerley Sweater ($239) The Cardigan Abides. He. Will. Love. It. There’s also this pinball machine, but it’s $9 grand. Get the sweater.I’m no longer impressed with their business practices. Skip this one.
- Unforgettaballs ($25) This is an awesome desk accessory for any baseball fan. [Review coming soon]
- Games of Thrones Journals ($19) Pick your house, then pick up a journal. Makes a nice manly stationery gift. See all the Game of Thrones gifts!
- Fiki Sports makes the PERFECT man’s stocking stuffer that has ever loved playing flick football (that is all of them). ($10) [review coming soon]
- My husband is a huge fan of Würkin Stiffs and their Power CollarStays but this RFID blocking thin wallet is on his list! ($75)
- Home Brewing Kit ($40) Dudes like to get crafty too, just as long as it involves alcohol. He will
eatdrink it up!
- Jacob Bromwell Vermonter Flask ($299) Crafted in copper in the USA, it’s an American masterpiece.
- Forestbound 1930’s era Canvas & Boy Scout Patch Carryall ($325) This artisan handcrafts bags from salvaged textiles – they’re for both women and men but your former boy scout can always Be Prepared. I am in love with this New England designer’s aesthetic – buy him (or her!) a gift card so she can select her own Forestbound piece.
- Havenly ($185) Ready to solve your recipient’s trickiest design conundrum? Give the gift of a fresh new living space idea. I LOVE this service. [Review]
- A Kitchenaid Mixer is the #1 wished for item from my readers!
- Neato Vacuum ($500) My favorite home item. Ever. Give the gift of vacuuming. [Review Coming Soon]
- Art! Check out Minted’s Art MarketPlace for some really cool one of a kind finds (that don’t cost an arm & a leg). I especially heart this personalizable art print.
- Nate Berkus Dessert Plates ($20) Love his design aesthetic – modern with an organic appeal. These are inexpensive and beautiful – and hot! Some of this new collection, like the winged leaf plate, is already sold out online (I’m getting it for Christmas!). Speaking of other awesome Target collections, do not forget to check out Faribault’s Ltd Edition collection!
- Tivo ($199+) One of my favorite devices that I’ve ever purchased. When there’s a new one I buy it and gift the old one 🙂 I’m a total Tivo fan – so much better than your cable company’s crappy DVR.
Food and Drink Gifts
- Askinosie Chocolate® 70% Cortés, Honduras Single Origin Sipping Chocolate ($16.50) Delicious, no powder here! You can also find this in the Birchbox Home Sweet Homespun Limited Edition Box!
- Penzey’s Spices – Get the Spice Replacement Gift Crate ($158) for the person that needs everything, or pick a DIY gift crate to personalize for your recipient. I use Penzey’s exclusively in my kitchen. See all the Penzey’s Gift Boxes.
- Auntie Anne’s Home Baking Kit ($5) A fun little holiday treat to pick up – my kids are nuts about Aunt Annie’s. [review coming soon] Pick up at Target or Walmart!
- Cereal Marshmallows ($10) Because you can. My grandma buys these for my kids once a year.
- Bacon 6 Ways ($) We are still not over bacon.
- Molecular Gastronomy Kit ($49) I think this would be a great gift for a foodie and/or science geek!
Want a subscription instead? Check out all the food and cooking boxes in my subscription list!
Gifts of Health and Fitness
- Fitbit Aria Scale ($120) Ok, everyone already has a FitBit, right? If your recipient is a FitBit fanatic, gift them this scale. I know it’s a little weird but it all syncs together and is amazing. Depending on the day, may be less at FitBit. Do not forget about the fantastic Tory Burch Fitbit accessories!
- Verilux HappyLight ($40) For anyone who needs a pick me up in the winter! If you can’t send them to Cancun, this is pretty much the next best thing.
- Brieftons Vertico Spiralizer ($19.99) Super fun & easy to use – great for low carbers & paleo fans! [Review]
- Aurorae Yoga Mat ($40) & Mat Sak ($35) Best rated yoga mats and bags on Amazon – premium and perfect for gifting. [Review Coming Soon!]
- Bombas Socks ($9) Love me some Bombas socks! They now come in SMALL for women like me! I LOVE YOU BOMBAS!
- Skinnytaste Cookbook ($18) Skinnytaste is basically the best healthy & light eating blog! YUM & gorgeous photos too!
Don’t forget to check out health and fitness subscription boxes on my list!
Favorite Online Stores to Shop for Gifts
Need more ideas? Although I have handpicked tons of gift ideas for you, of course I cannot cover all the bases. These are the stores that I love to shop at – both for myself and for others! And oh yeah, they all have GREAT gift guides too!
- Barnes & Noble has great gifts for everyone, especially readers. More picks from them coming soon!
- Brit + Co Artisan, fun, and DIY gifts for just about everyone on your list.
- Sephora Anything you need for a beauty-ful gift. See my top picks for holiday gifting sets!
- Think Geek has everything geeky and fun!
- Nordstrom has great gifts for everyone, especially if clothing is on your list!
- If Disney fans are on your list, you have to visit The Disney Store!
- ModCloth has Quirky, Fun, Unique Gifts. See some of my oddball picks!
- Fat Brain Toys great learning toys! Every kid is different so if you want something educationally focused, make Fat Brain Toys your first stop.
- Uncommon Goods has unique gifts perfect for your wise aunt or fabulous grandma or anyone who enjoys a thoughtful unusual gift.
- Best Buy has all the awesome tech gear and gadgets.
- Cost Plus World Market has gift baskets, gift sets, weird and wonderful foods, and all sorts of wacky finds too.
- Neiman Marcus ranges from the delightful to the truly extravagant.
- C. Wonder always fun gifts (and pssst use those Glossybox gift coupons!). Modern Chic.
- Love em or hate em, Walmart.com has an excellent toy book. If you shop at Walmart, purchase online for store pickup so you don’t have to deal with the insanity.
- My husband, who has never ever asked me for a gift, has requested two items from the Bespoke Post Shop. Awesome stuff for dudes that they actually want you to buy.
I would love to see what you have purchased this year. These are just a few ideas and I know my readers have more! If you have something fabulous to share, share it below!
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below so you don’t miss the reviews, the giveaways, and of course, my Black Friday & Cyber Monday subscription box coupons and deals!