See our comparisons of the Best Beauty Subscription Boxes over $20!
BOX BASICS: All subscriptions are over $20 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons.
CUSTOMIZATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ships the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
REFERRALS & POINTS: Ipsy offers referral points; redeem points on selected samples in the Ipsy bonus section.
VARIATIONS: All of these boxes also send out multiple subscriber variations – we’re showing what we’ve reviewed here, and we would love to hear your experiences in the comments!
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 2
- Lavish 5-Piece Brush Set ($29.99)
- Iconic London Illuminator Drops ($41)
- Battington Lashes Harlow 3D Silk Lash w/ Mini Glue ($28)
- Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Hydrate Primer ($32)
- ZOEVA Rose Golden Eyeshadow Palette ($28)
Total Value: About $158.99
BOXYCHARM is fantastic! They always provide great products that give the best value for money. In this box, the standout item is definitely the hydrating primer. Aside from prepping skin for makeup and minimizing the appearance of pores, it also provides intense moisture. The brush set is also useful and the colors are just so pretty. The rest of the items are high-quality as well.
Review: BOXYCHARM April 2020 Review
Deal: Get a FREE Gift with Boxycharm - enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Five full size items from Ipsy
- VIP Cream De La Crème Instantly Recovering Luxury Cream Coating Face & THE DIAMOND MASK™ VIP Set ($30)
- Tarte Tarteist Double Take Eyeliner in Black ($24)
- Ciaté London Triple Shot XXL Mascara in Black XXL ($22)
- Girlactik Beauty Jello Gloss Balm ($18)
- Lavido 2-in-1 Purifying facial Mask & Exfoliator ($36)
Total Value: About $130
This month’s Ipsy Glambag Plus has a nice variety of makeup and skincare products. The dual purpose eyeliner and the hydrating sheet masks are great, but the spotlight goes to the mask and exfoliator in one. It has promising skincare benefits and it’s also gentle on the skin! As always, this month’s glam bag is really pretty!
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Cirem HRC 3-in-1 Sheet Mask ($20)
- Inked Temporary Tattoos
- CoLab Dry Shampoo Original ($5.49)
- Nails Inc Nail Polish Blossom Kisses
- Avant Gentle Rose Beautifying Face Exfoliant ($126.11)
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar ($16.80)
Total Value: About $160
This is another great curation from GLOSSYBOX. However, the total retail value is extremely inflated. The exfoliator is high-quality, but $126 seems out of whack! The perfume in this box is really lovely, it has a non-overpowering floral scent which is perfect for spring. Everything else is pretty usable.
Review: GLOSSYBOX April 2020 Review
Deal: See special savings on your subscription - just enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- 100% Vitamin C Serum (Full size – 1 oz.)
- COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch (Full size – 1 piece)
- Eminence Organic Skin Care Stone Crop Hydrating Mist (2 fl. oz.)
- REN Clean Skincare Radiance Dark Spot Sleeping Cream (10 ml.)
- Caudalie Premier Cru Anti-aging Eye Cream (5ml.)
- Naturopathica Sweet Cherry Brightening Enzyme Peel (0.33 fl. oz.)
- Tarte Cosmetics Big Ego™ Mascara (2 ml.)
Total Value: About $100
This BeautyFIX curation is mostly focused on skincare! There’s a brightening serum, as well as hydrating and anti-aging products. It’s such a good curation for anyone looking for new products to add to their skincare routine.
BOXYCHARM reclaimed the throne this month! They provided usable and high-quality products and also gave the best value for money. The pretty brush set and the hydrating primer definitely stood out! IPSY Glambag Plus is just behind our winner, with their amazing offerings this month including a mask and exfoliator in one. GLOSSYBOX is good, but the exfoliator’s price is way too much. BeautyFix is filled with skincare products like serums and creams. Overall, we’re happy with the boxes, and we’re really expecting a head-on battle with these boxes in the following months!