Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
- BioBelle Botanic Fiber Facial Mask ($3.99)
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator ($9.87)
- Mamonde Rose Water Toner ($2.29)
- Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb ($8.80)
- Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub ($8.13)
- Acure Seriously Soothing Blue Tansy Night Oil ($3.89)
- Au Naturale Creme Multistick in Grapefruit ($35)
Total Value: About $71.97
This month’s box makes us happy! Receiving two scrubs seems duplicative, but other than that, the box was fantastic. My favorite product was the color stick and that alone was worth more than twice the price paid for the box!
Deal: Get a FREE new member bonus item with your first box! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Morphe Mini Highlighter in Spark ($8)
- EOS Lip Balm ($3.29)
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid ($10.90)
- Madara Smart Anti-Pollution Charcoal And Mud Repair Mask ($6.67)
- Rituals The Ritual Of Sakura Soothing Hand Balm ($17)
- Omorovicza Cleansing Foam ($16.16)
Total Value: About $53
It’s another great box for this month as the cosmetic and beauty items really put us in the spotlight! The cleansing foam, charcoal, and mud repair mask, and the hydrating hyaluronic acid treatment are the newest addition to my daily skin care regime! I feel so happy to be able to add them to my routine! The copy of Elle magazine also gave me a lot of fashion and makeup ideas for the Spring, so now we can’t wait to try them out!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
Review: Lookfantastic Beauty Box March 2019 Review
- Holo Pouch
- Skin Gym Rose Quartz Collagen Eye Masks ($5)
- Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow ($24)
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence ($33.15)
- Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel ($7.06)
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($4.68)
- Mugler ALIEN Eau de Parfum Spray ($2.40)
- Mugler Men’s ALIEN MAN Eau de Toilette Spray ($1.60)
Total Value: About $78
The bag this month is a collection of products from trusted brands like Mugler, Laura Mercier, Peter Thomas Roth, Stila, Skin Gym and SK-II. So, as expected, all of the items were fabulous! But if we have to pick a fave, it would be the Translucent Loose Setting Powder. However, the full size Stila was actually quite small and hard to get the product, and if SK-II isn’t your thing, that’s $33 in value. There wasn’t a non-beauty item this month – a little disappointing. As for the bag – we love holo, but this one was a little on the cheap side.
Macy’s did it for this month! The glam bag contains products from known and trusted brands, and even if the bag is on the cheap side, we love the contents. As for Allure, the beauty box comes in a really close second, and all the contents actually made us so happy! Lookfantastic is still great, as it gave us new additions to our daily skin regime! Overall, we’re happy with all the contents of each box and we love how each box offers great value and products, all at the same time!