Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Jimmy Choo Man Blue Eau De Toilette ($1.63)
- Jimmy Choo Fever Eau De Parfum ($1.90)
- Yuni Shower Sheets ($1.25)
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Balm In Super Strawberry ($7.40)
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap ($1.37)
- Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant ($15.88)
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment ($15.80)
Total Value: About $45
This month’s box is well thought out. They included essentials for working out, motivating us to keep our body healthy. All the products are focused on refreshing and keeping your face and body clean. This month was a score!
Of Note: This month had a $10 coupon for Macy’s Beauty! It had the unadvertised minimum of $10 this month, but this was not an issue given the size of the code!
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Tarte tarteist Pro Cruelty-Free Lashes ($12)
- Tarte tarteist Pro Lash Adhesive ($9)
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial ($24)
- GK Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel ($2.93)
- MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo ($18.50)
Total Value: About $66.43
Allure Beauty Box certainly knows how to put out a great box of winning products! There are popular items for today’s trends and beauty looks. Also, it contains Tarte and MAC products, and as we all know, nothing could go wrong with these brands! Imagine, the MAC lipstick alone was worth more than the price paid for the subscription!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- Eve Lom Cleanser ($24)
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme Pre Shampoo Treatment ($15.50)
- Mane ‘n Tail Hoofmaker ($3)
- Violet Sweets
- Lord and Berry Strobing Pencil
- Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Oil ($13.50)
- Omorivicza Moor Mud Mask ($12.50)
Total Value: About $70-80
LookFantastic was a very fun box, however, there were duplicate items. Still, LF featured some of their favorite brands and products, and many of them are pretty useful!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
We are really glad that each box has something great to offer! The competition among the three boxes is getting more intense! That means more fantastic items for the subscribers. Among the three, Allure is the sure winner. We love the MAC and Tarte inclusions. They totally made up for the whole box! We also love Macy’s consistency and we’re hoping that they will keep it up. As for LF, save for the dupes, we are still very much happy with the items, as they included some favorites. All in all, we are very much delighted with all the boxes!