Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- TonyMoly Master Lab Hydraulic Sheet Mask ($4)
- IT Cosmetics Confidence In An Eye Cream ($12.84)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray ($7.50)
- Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Honey Mask ($6.80)
- Juicy Couture Oui ($25)
- Lancome L’Absolu Lip Lacquer In #378 Be Unique ($4.81)
Total Value: About $60
This month’s box included a hip and trendy makeup bag plus a nice combination of skincare and makeup items. The standout item is the eye cream because anti-aging creams are vital. For busy women, the least that we need is frequent touchups and saggy eyebags so the setting spray is also a good deal. There are no fillers in this box too. This box’s forte is really special products and items.
Of Note: Includes $5 coupon for Macy’s Beauty BUT it had a minimum of $10 this month – no notice on that change.
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Nexxus Keraphix Damage Healing Shampoo ($2.66)
- Nexxus Keraphix Damage Healing Conditioner ($2.66)
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet ($15) i
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($3)
- Laritzy Cosmetics Light Stix in Halo ($24)
- Eyeko London Liquid Eyeliner In Black ($22)
Total Value: About $69.32
Allure Beauty Box always sends a good selection of items, it’s just that this isn’t the most exciting one, but it consists of good basics.This month’s standout was the Laritzy highlighter and it’s in full-size, it was worth more than the price for the subscription!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- BalanceMe Pure Skin Face Wash ($7.36)
- Molton Brown Gingerlily Body Wash ($3)
- INC.Redible Lip Glaze ($10)
- BBB London Brow Gel ($12)
- Mia Boob Tube Bust Cream ($14.11)
- Erno Laszlo Firmarine Lift Essence Lotion ($5.11)
Total Value: About $52
What an improvement for the LookFantastic August box. It was really FUN, with all the skincare products and the boob cream. LOL! The magazine is also back so it added to the excitement.
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
What we’re excited about this month is that, finally, LF is back on track! The products were all great and the bust cream is just phenomenal. As always, Macy’s did a great job on their curation. They continue to improve every month but we were bummed with the $10 minimum on the coupon. Allure is okay as they provided mostly basic stuff, nothing really special but still a good curation. Overall, these three boxes are sending great items and we’re so happy that their “competitiveness” means more high-quality and special items for us!