Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Macy’s Party Perfect Cosmetic Bag
- Chanel Paris Gabrielle Eau De Parfum ($3.13)
- Blotterazzi Pro By BeautyBlender ($7?)
- Benefit They’re Real Beyond Mascara ($8.47)
- LancôMe Cils Booster Xl Super-Enhancing Mascara Base ($9.42)
- Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint ($3.40)
- MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Base ($5.04)
Total Value: About $36
This month’s curation from Macy’s contained handy and compact items for the party-goer. The total value was about $36 and although it’s lower than the past month, the $10 coupon still made it a good deal.
Of Note: Includes $10 coupon for Macy’s Beauty
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Hey Honey Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum ($15)
- Moda Unicorn Crease Brush ($3?)
- Juice Beauty Crayon in Malibu ($22)
- Too Cool For School All-In-One Egg Mellow Cream ($10.80)
- Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask Hydration ($6)
- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm ($19.20)
- doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Mono in Bailey ($10)
Total Value: About $86
The facial serum alone was enough to cover the price of the box, and they even included a full-size lippie plus a good eye cream. With an overall retail value of $86, there’s no doubt it’s a win!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- Filorga Time-Filler Wrinkling Correction Cream ($17.95)
- Deep Sleep Pillow Spray ($1.93)
- Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 PA +++ ($12.30)
- Pixi White Pearl Glow Booster ($8?)
- Bellapierre Incognito Lip Cream ($20)
Total Value: About $61
There were interesting products in this month’s curation, but there were some dupes like the sunscreen, highlighter, and lipgloss. Still, the value was solid and better than it’s been in a while.
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
Allure just keeps getting better every month while Look Fantastic remains a close contender with its unique offerings. Macy’s still has a lot of room for improvement, but the $10 coupon was definitely a great addition to the beauty bag!