Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Vince Camuto Ciao ($2.21)
- Burt’s Bees Hand Salve ($2.49)
- DermaBlend Pro Setting Powder ($4.82)
- Ahava Time to Clear Purifying Mud Mask ($7)
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance ($11)
- Clinique Moisture Surge ($5.6)
Total Value: About $33
This subscription includes a cute bag plus the $5 coupon, but right now the value isn’t cutting it for the premium paid – I think subscribers want to really see a higher value for that premium price, especially since sample sizes can be so small, and they don’t seem to be unique from the $10 per month Sephora subscription.
Of Note: Includes $5 coupon for Macy’s Beauty
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast Styling & Finish Spray ($15)
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream ($18)
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye ($7.40)
- Beautyblender Micro Mini ($9)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush ($29)
Total Value: About $78
Case in point – Allure costs the same as Macy’s but the value is over double. Amazing deal, with higher end brands and generous sample sizes!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- Hikary Eyeshadow Quad in “Tonya” ($15.00)
- Illamasqua Gel Sculpt in “Silhouette” ($5)
- Eve Lom Cleanser and Muslin Cloth ($20)
- Decleor Hydra Floral Anti-Pollution Hydrating Gel Cream ($16)
- Christophe Robin Cleansing Volumizing Paste ($8.50)
Total Value: About $64.50
This box always has interesting and unique brands, some high and some low, but usually a new and effective beauty discovery! Muslin cleansing regimens are all the rage in the UK and this was a fun way to try it out!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
Happy Birthday Lookfantastic! Looks like Allure has you beat again, but if you’re looking for a total monthly surprise, Look Fantastic is a unique choice. Macy’s still needs to work out the kinks on the value – but don’t forget to read the review to find out how to get the most out of that $5 coupon!