We have the full spoilers for the Trove “vacation-themed” Fall 2020 box! The theme is JOURNEY TO KYOTO, JAPAN!
Meet the Fall TROVE Box! 🎁 It’s filled to the brim with amazing goodies all the way from Japan. 🗾 Every product has been hand-picked to ensure that you have an amazing and authentic Kyoto ‘vacation’!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Virtual Cooking Class: Learn how to cook a homemade Kyoto meal with Chef Aya Igano (/eatkyoto) who loves teaching authentic Japanese cooking. Aya has a very popular ramen making class that she teaches at Eat Kyoto in the historic Gion district. Together, you will be making 3 dishes using very unique techniques: Cucumber Salad, Miso Udon with handmade noodles (you will be doing this the traditional way!), and Ginger Chicken. Your box will include special ingredients you’ll cook with, printed recipe cards, and a shopping list for fresh ingredients. We will be offering 2 LIVE online classes for you to choose from: **If you’re unable to attend a class live, we will be posting the recorded versions so you can watch on your own schedule.** Saturday, November 21, 2020 – 5:00 – 6:30 pm PST Saturday, December 5, 2020 – 5:00 – 6:30 pm PST
- Virtual Japanese Tea Ceremony: Experience a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony and learn how to prepare and drink a delicious bowl of matcha tea with Tea Expert, Atsuko Mori (@camellia.kyoto). Atsuko is a tea instructor in Kyoto who has been practicing tea ceremonies for over 20 years. She opened her own tea house, Camellia Tea Ceremony, 7 years ago with the goal of creating a bridge between Japan and the rest of the world. Atsuko will welcome you with a brief introduction to the history and culture of tea in Japan. Then, she will perform the tea ceremony and will show you how to prepare and enjoy your matcha tea. We’ve partnered with tea farmers in Wazuka, Kyoto to bring you an incredible ceremonial grade matcha tea that you will not find anywhere else. Your box will also include a handmade bamboo whisk and teaspoon set that you will use in your tea ceremony. We will be offering 2 LIVE online tea ceremonies for you to choose from: **If you’re unable to attend a class live, we will be posting the recorded versions so you can watch on your own schedule.** Sunday, November 22, 2020 – 4:00 – 5:00 pm PST Sunday, December 6, 2020 – 4:00 – 5:00 pm PST
The Kyoto Box includes:
- Haku Smoked Shoyu
- Kadoya Pure Sesame Oil
- Miso Paste
- Kata Kata Fabric
- Umaibo Baked Corn Snack
- Musubi Kyoto Furoshiki Cloths
- Samidori Matcha Tea
- Bamboo Whisk
- Maruhiko Mame Rice Cracker
- Caplico Atama Strawberry Chocolate
- Furata Aonori Senbei
Trove is: “Introducing a new way to travel from home”
With our “vacation in a box,” you can experience the world’s top destinations from home while supporting small businesses. Each box includes a LIVE cooking class with a local chef, LIVE cultural activity with a local artisan, special ingredients and snacks from the local region, and a FREE surprise gift.
Are you getting Trove?