What’s in the box
Well either these are the BEST PRODUCTS EVER INVENTED or it’s the tiniest red carpet in the world. The inside card says that “February manages to pack a slew of big-ticket events into a brief 28 days.” Birchbox did not manage to “pack” anything into this box. I was underwhelmed. This was February Birchbox 28, if you’re wondering.
- A Ghirardelli Caramel Square.
- Beauty Protector: Protect & Detangle. some hair detangling stuff.
- Dr. Jart+: Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm. mineral SPF 25 & satiny matte finish.
- Dr. Lipp: Original Nipple Balm for Lips. Yes that’s exactly what it says.
- twistband: Thick Headband. in black.
What we liked
- The kids ate the chocolate immediately. They get excited about chocolate in the boxes. But that’s an extra.
- I am interested in the mineral SPF. Really interested. I need sunscreen but I hate it because it smells and makes my eyes tingle. I will enjoy sampling this product.
What we didn’t like
- Ummm where’s my product? There’s like NOTHING IN THIS BOX.
- The twistband is literally TOO SMALL for my BIG FAT HEAD. I was like okay, I wear 100% black, I can use this headband. I know they are somewhat pricey. IT DOESN’T FIT. IT SQUEEZES OFF.
- Hahahahahaah nipple lips.
- No seriously if I wanted nipple balm for my lips I would buy a tube of Lansinoh and be done with it. And seriously, I just looked it up. Dr. Lipp is made of lanolin. I don’t think it has any additional ingredients. RIPOFF. If you have had children you very likely have similar crap to apply to your lips. Just go hunt around in the diaper supplies until you find your lanolin. Stick it on your lips. Same diff.
- hair detangler? BB seriously what do you not get about fine hair? I don’t even use conditioner. On my hair shine = grease. I don’t give a crap if the bottle says it’s for all hair types. Fine hair, you just don’t go there. My hair doesn’t really tangle. The last time I had a knot I was in the 7th grade.
- NO LANCOME.
- NO KIEHLS.
Should you splurge?
Ummmm I usually like Birchbox a whole lot, but if every box was like this, run away. The card inside said I could go online and see how to wear Emerald Green, Pantone’s 2013 color of the year. A mini emerald shadow would’ve been fun. Or a sample eyeliner. Or… SOMETHING. This box was a huge miss for me. In fact, it was kind of a steaming pile of TURDS.
ok, usual spiel. If I didn’t have a yearly sub, I’d have dumped Birchbox after this dud. It was crap. I heard on MakeupTalk that some women really liked this box. So based on that I am planning a TRASH N TREASURE GIVEAWAY! Come back to the blog tonight (it’s dinner/bath/bed time hours here peeps) for it! I am going to be giving away 3 products from this box plus more! It’s going to be super duper fun and one of you enjoying these products instead of making me feel sad about it is going to make me HAPPY again!
Birchbox is a monthly sampling box. You fill out your profile and Birchbox selects one of 30+ (!!) iterations of their boxes to send to you. Birchbox is a discovery service and you earn rewards points by subscribing and reviewing your products that you can spend on full-size items on their site.
You can check out more reviews in my directory!