Firstleaf Wine Club has a new sale!
Have you tried our Award-Winning Pack? Our most popular pack, it contains wines that have all won awards at major international competitions, including Gold Medals, 90+ Points Awards, and more. At $39.95 for 6 bottles with FREE shipping, this pack lets you treat yourself to premium-tier wines without paying premium-tier prices.
Get the Award-Winning Bundle for just $39.95, plus FREE shipping! No coupon needed, just use this link to subscribe!
About the wines:
Alazules 2018 Airén SPAIN
Discover the fresh flavors of Spanish Airén in the 95 Point, Best of Class, Double-Gold Medal winning release from Alazules. How can the number one most grown white varietal of wine remain so under the radar? While Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes enjoy worldwide fame, the Airén varietal sits modestly in the background and is largely unknown outside of the arid Spanish wine regions where it grows. But now, we have a crisp, dry, and easy-drinking offering to share with you. Enjoy this wine over early evening hors d’oeuvres of charcuterie, goat cheese, calamari, and pickled octopus. Airén’s light notes of white peach, apricot, Fuji apple, and elderflower offer a refreshing sweetness that pair well with summer porch evenings, Shakespeare in the Park, or patio brunches. Judges rave about this wine: it was awarded 95 points, a “Best of Class” nod, and a Double Gold medal (unanimous Gold from every judge!) at the 2019 Harvest Challenge. It retails for $20.
Longitude 120 West: Paso Robles 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon PASO ROBLES, CALIFORNIA
Taste exuberant fruit flavors with a kiss of spice in this stunning 90 point, Gold Medal-winning Cabernet. Paso Robles, California is a region that we think has long been underrated. Sitting in the Central Valley it experiences large diurnal shifts and has incredibly diverse soils. That means that daytime temperatures in the growing season can sometimes reach up to 105 degrees, but Pacific winds sweep in to drop the lows to around 50 degrees. This shift allows the grapes to mature but still retain acidity. This wine bursts with plum and black and sour cherry as well as dark chocolate, cracked black pepper, and cloves. High acidy means that the wine will pair beautifully with rich dishes. We like it with steak, roasted duck, and blue cheese. Judges love it too! It took home 90 points and a Gold Medal from the 2020 Winemaker Challenge, a Silver Medal from the 2020 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and a Silver Medal at the 2019 New Orleans International Wine Competition. It retails for $24.
Aromatherapy 2018 Viognier LAKE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
Savor the aromas in this beautiful Gold medal-winning Viognier from Lake County Aromatherapy wines are all about expressive notes that jump out of the glass. It’s why this Viognier from Lake County (just north of Napa) is such a good find. We love the grape for the subtle tree fruits and explosive floral nose. White flowers, jasmine, and wet stone mingle and add a fun complexity to the wine. Fun fact: Viognier almost went extinct in the 1960s until winemakers realized how much it added to their blends. Today it’s thriving, and we are thankful we can enjoy a beautiful wine like the Aromatherapy. The wine is great on its own but shines with a Caprese salad, Thai curry, and buttery cheeses. Judges love it too! It has taken home a Gold Medal from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and a Silver Medal from the 2019 Sommelier Challenge. It retails for $22.
Longitude 120 West: Napa Valley 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon NAPA VALLEY, CALIFORNIA
Discover the reason Cabernet reigns supreme in Napa Valley in this elegant 91 Point, two time Gold medal winner. In Napa Valley, there is a saying: “Cab is King.” In this incredible Cabernet from Longitude 120 West, you can discover why Napa is known the world over, and why Cabernet truly reigns supreme. Opus One, Mondavi, and Screaming Eagle all call Napa home, and make some of the finest wines in the world. This Napa Cab stands toe to toe with them. It was aged for 15 months in American oak and bottled early to preserve the fresh flavors. This Cab has a classic Napa profile with floral aromas mingling with dark fruit. It’s fruit-forward with dry, chalky tannins. Get ready to taste a truly exceptional wine fed by the sun and soils of storied Napa vineyards. And the critics agree. This wine has taken home 91 Points and a Gold medal from the 2020 Winemaker Challenge, a Gold medal from the 2019 Harvest Challenge and a Silver medal from the New Orleans International Wine Competition! It retails for $40.
Ophidian 2018 Sauvignon Blanc SOUTH AFRICA
An award-winning South African Sauvignon Blanc for sipping and lingering. Ophidian wines bring a richness to every bottle thanks to their South African origins. Cool conditions off the coast and strong sunlight from the high elevation allow for steady ripening of the grapes, giving this 2018 Sauvignon Blanc a fresh citrus bite and a lengthy finish. Start the evening off by pairing this wine with creamy, spreadable cheese like camembert while you prepare calamari or shellfish for the main course. White flower and tropical fruit notes of pineapple, lime, and green mango complement the beautiful acidity that pairs perfectly with seafood. This is a wine for sipping all evening, from aperitif hour to after-dinner digestifs. Judges love it too! It took home a Silver medal at the 2019 Harvest Challenge. It retails for $20.
Pip + Plow 2018 Merlot WASHINGTON
Discover Washington winemaking at its finest with this must-try award-winning Merlot In Washington’s cool climate, it’s the warmest vineyards that make a wine worth waiting for. And wait a little you must. In these regions, the grapes take their time to ripen and develop the distinct flavor that makes this Merlot unmissable. The experts at Pip + Plow combined the sites in Columbia Valley, Horse Heaven Hills and Wahluke Slopes to create an environment that lets this wine thrive. The result? A blend of black fruit flavors that glide across the palate with a soft velvety finish. Look out for plum and blackberry with heady notes of tobacco and clove simmering beneath the surface. Enjoy with family and friends over a roast turkey and homemade cranberry sauce. Judges love it too! It took home a Silver medal at the 2020 Toast of the Coast Competition. It retails for $24.
Here are the Firstleaf Wine Club bundles available:
- Gold Wines This bundle of award-winners is our most star-studded assortment of wines. All 6 wines in this bundle have won Gold Medals in a major international competition. Beyond that, they’ve won many other awards, including 90+ Points Awards, Best in Class Awards, and more. And for a limited time, they’re available to everyone at one price!
- Essential Wines If you just want a group of essential wines, this is the bundle to get. It includes the world’s most popular varietals — like Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay — from a wide range of vineyards around the world. They’re ideal for the person in your life who wants an all-purpose bundle of wines.
- Classic Red Wines Sometimes, all you need is a glass of the perfect red wine. This bundle includes a Hall of Fame of classic red wines, like Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and more. They’re the wines you want when you’re enjoying cured meats, or digging into a luscious chocolate dessert.
- Member Favorites Not quite sure what you want? Let your fellow members help you out. This bundle features 6 of our all-time Member Favorites, wines our members have enjoyed and that we’re sure you’ll enjoy as well. It’s hard to think of a better showcase for the greatness of Firstleaf wine.
- Old World Wines Get 6 incredible wines from the oldest wine cultures on Earth. These wines hail from all over the continent — including Spain, Italy, France, and Eastern Europe — and give you a taste of the descendants of some of the world’s very first wines. They’re the perfect gift (or recommendation) for the Europhile in your life.
- New World Wines Every true wine lover knows that New World vineyards are hotbeds of innovation. These 6 wines reflect the excitement of the world’s new wine cultures, including South Africa, Argentina, and the American West Coast. They’re great wines to recommend to your more adventurous loved ones.
See our Firstleaf reviews to see the wines we received in the past from this wine club that learns your exact taste preferences!
What do you think of Firstleaf Wine Club subscription?