MEL Med STEM subscription for kids age 14 and above has an awesome Black Friday sale to help kids find their path in medicine! This subscription is $69.90 per month, and will include up to 5 hands-on medical experiments every month based on a theme.
Diagnose patients like real medical students! Try your hand at in-depth medical experiments. Practice at home with professional tools and diagnose patients in a virtual hospital. For teens, students, and medicine enthusiasts ages 14+.
Every month, you get one experiment set with professional medical tools and all the necessary materials to successfully complete practical tasks.
You’ll get up to 5 hands-on science projects every month:
- Treat Watch pre-recorded patient interviews, and use your practical knowledge and guidance from the app to diagnose them! Meet a new patient every month.
- Repeat One topic – two sets! Garner real-world experience in different medical branches using the real professional tools from the sets.
The MEL Med subscription includes 16 medical sets. Each set covers a designated topic and, depending on the theme, includes 1–5 experiments.
Here are some MEL Med kits:
- Therapy Learn one of the fundamental skills for every doctor. Measure blood pressure with a sphygmomanometer and practice using a stethoscope correctly. Determine blood oxygen levels using a pulse oximeter.
- Surgery. Part 1 Use the same simulator as real surgeons to learn how to make surgical knots, then practice suturing on a model made of artificial skin that behaves like the real thing!
- Dentistry. Part 1 This set contains an artificial jaw with model teeth affected by cavities. Use a drill to remove the damaged tooth tissue, then place composite fillings and use a UV lamp to harden the filling material. Practice creating healthy tooth architecture!
- ECG In this set, you will receive an electrocardiogram module and electrodes that connect directly to your mobile phone. Play sports, hold your breath, and watch how your cardiogram changes.
- Pharmacy. Part 1 Mix the components for Vitamin C fizzy tablets with a mortar. Create the finished tablets using a tablet press and verify their quality using pharmacopeia methods.
- Dentistry. Part 2 Practice all the stages of creating a plaster jaw cast that can later be used to create a dental implant or make braces. Put a copy of your teeth on your shelf!
- Lab diagnostic. Part 1 Become acquainted with laboratory diagnostic methods. Identify a sample from a diabetic individual and diagnose several other patients.
- Nurse Create a closed circulatory system with moving “blood.” Learn how to administer intravenous injections and take blood samples correctly. Hone your skills working with vacuum tubes.