See our comparisons of these Baby Subscription Boxes!
- We put Lovevery and Panda Crate head to head to determine which baby subscription box is best for your child.
- Lovevery features play products that are safe for children and age-appropriate, while Panda Crate provides high-quality and fun materials for little learners.
- MORE: Link to some other sort of list that is very closely related
- Sign up for the Hello Subscription newsletter for more great subscription info and deals!
Lovevery & Panda Crate Comparison
Baby subscription boxes are a huge help, especially to new parents. These subscription services not only keep your little ones entertained but also make way for quality bonding time with your children. But which one is right for your baby?
Founded in 2015, Lovevery is an early learning platform that helps every parent feel confident. They offer montessori-inspired baby, toddler, and preschool play kits designed by experts to be the best developmental play products for kids’ growing brains. Each box comes with a stage based system of information for parents and products for children.
On the other hand, a slightly newer baby subscription box from the KiwiCo family is Panda Crate, which was founded in 2019. This subscription is made for infants and toddlers to help in their early childhood development. All products from Panda Crate are designed by experts and backed by researchers at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Image from our review.
Lovevery is a baby and toddler play kits subscription box. They offer educational play products and toys designed by child development experts for age and stage based learning. Lovevery subscribers receive play kits every two or three months, depending on their child’s age.
- Get 10% off on 3+ month prepaid plans! Deal applies automatically, just VISIT AND SUBSCRIBE.
Image from our review.
Panda Crate is a subscription service that’s specifically curated for babies ages 0-2. They provide assistance in the early childhood development of infants and toddlers. Panda Crate members receive learning toys and/or books ideal for child’s age and stage every other month.
- Save $10 on your first month! USE THIS LINK to get the deal.
Now, what do these baby subscription boxes have in common? They both offer educational and stage-based products that will keep your child entertained. However, there are some factors where Lovevery and Panda Crate differentiate themselves from one another, which will help you make your choice. Here are all the details that will help you decide which baby subscription service suits your child best.
COST AND SHIPPING
Lovevery Cost and Shipping
Depending on factors like your child’s age and your chosen subscription plan, Lovevery’s play kits differ in price and get delivered every two or three months. Nonetheless, they provide cost savings when you pay upfront for longer length plans. Lovevery’s play kits start at $80 for the pay per kit subscription (amounts to $40 per month of play). They offer free shipping for a $75-plus box within the contiguous United States and Canada.
Panda Crate Cost and Shipping
Panda Crate’s boxes start at $39.90 for the 1 Crate every 2 Months subscription (save $6.95 per month). They provide free shipping for all of their subscription plans in the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Military APO/FPO, and Puerto Rico. They also deliver internationally with varying shipping costs.
CUSTOMIZATION AND SIGN UP PROCESS
Lovevery Cost and Shipping Customization and Sign Up Process
When you sign up for Lovevery, you’ll start by indicating your child’s name and age, and it’ll show you which play kits are right for them. Then, you’ll be provided with the shipping schedule or the dates you’ll receive the play kits. Afterwards, you’ll be asked to choose which type of subscription you want to acquire.
Upon checking out, new customers will be asked to provide an email address to create an account, while returning customers could sign in with their existing accounts. Finally, you’ll be tasked to fill out your shipping address, discount code (if any), and billing information, which has the credit card as a payment option.
In addition, you can opt in to receive emails from Lovevery so that they could send you updates about their play kits. This newsletter will include playtime and at-home activity ideas, weekly info about your child’s development stage, practical tips, early access to new products, promos, and more.
Panda Crate and Shipping Customization and Sign Up Process
To Join Panda Crate, you’ll start by providing your child’s name, age, birth year, and birth month. Next, you’ll be asked to pick which type of subscription you want to acquire. If you want to boost your child’s learning, you can opt to add a specially-curated book to go with the crate’s theme for $9.95 per crate.
Upon checking out, you’ll be able to add more boxes if you’re buying for multiple children. New customers will be asked to provide an email address to create an account, while returning customers could sign in with their existing accounts. Lastly, you’ll be tasked to fill out your shipping and billing address, which has the credit card as a payment option.
Additionally, you can opt in to receive emails from Panda Crate so that they could send you fresh DIYs, exclusive promos, and subscriber-only content.
PRODUCTS AND PLANS
Lovevery Products and Plans
Lovevery is an early learning platform that offers educational play products and toys designed by child development experts for age and stage-based learning. Depending on your child’s age, you can choose between Lovevery’s Baby Play Kits and Toddler Play Kits options. For babies aging from 0 to 12 months old, Baby Play Kits by Lovevery are delivered every 2 months. As for toddlers aging from 13 to 36 months, Toddler Play Kits by Lovevery are delivered every 3 months. Lovevery’s Baby Play Kits and Toddler Play Kits feature developmentally appropriate playthings plus guidance for parents. Each kit is customized by stage, and subscribers are allowed to start with the appropriate box for their child’s current stage. All toys are also thoughtfully crafted using sustainably forested wood, organic cotton, and baby-safe plastics. Below are some of Lovevery’s products.
The Looker Play Kit for babies 0-8 weeks old includes:
- PLAY GUIDE WEEKS 0-8. They listed what 4-week-old babies and 5 to 8-week-old babies are already capable of and like to do, including the appropriate things we should give our baby at this stage. For moms who just gave birth, there are tips, reminders, and encouragement especially for them as well.
- SOOTHING BLANKET. It’s huge enough to cover your baby and limit their exposure to bright light. Whether in the car seat, in the stroller, or even just at home, this blanket is really useful. The material used is soft and lightweight. You can even use this to swaddle your baby!
- BLACK AND WHITE CARD SETS. The first set of cards is composed of simple patterns, while the second set features more complicated designs. To use, just hold one card at least 12 inches away from your baby’s face until they look away. This aims to help your baby practice following a moving object using their eyes, which will be useful later on when they start to read and write. It’s also a great start for hand-eye coordination.
- TRAVEL CARD HOLDER. It’s cute and handy! Moms or dads can easily stash it in their bag for emergencies, like when you’re traveling and you need something to entertain your baby. The card holder is long when spread out. It has four slots made using clear plastic where you can insert the black and white card sets, which is great for visual stimulation.
- CARD HOLDER. This card holder has four slots where you can easily slip the black and white cards. To use, slowly roll your baby on their tummy and then put the standing card holder on their view. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone because you’re giving them tummy time while helping stimulate their vision!
- WOODEN BOOK. This wooden book features high-contrast and fun images of animals. There are no words in the book but you can make up a story for your baby while you’re showing the images to them.
- SILICONE RATTLE WITH A REMOVABLE BALL. It’s a basic toy with silicone handles that your baby can grasp. You can also use this toy to familiarize your baby with sounds. Just shake the rattle in a rhythm!
- BLACK AND WHITE MITTENS. Just put the mittens on your baby’s hands and you’re all set. Aside from preventing them from scratching, these mittens are designed with high contrast patterns so that they can recognize their hands!
- WHITE MUG. This is a parent gift.
Panda Crate Products and Plans
Panda Crate is a subscription from the KiwiCo family that’s specifically curated for babies ages 0-2. Each Panda Crate includes 2 months’ worth of age-appropriate products and activities and ships every other month. This subscription is made for infants and toddlers to help in their early childhood development. Each box includes 5-6 learning toys and/or books ideal for child’s age and stage, a copy of wonder magazine, Activity Cards to promote learning and development, and Beyond the Crate Cards to help you bond and explore with your child. All products from this box are designed by experts and backed by researchers at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Below are some of Panda Crate’s products.
Panda Crate’s Bond With Me box comes with:
- PANDA CRATE ZIPPER POUCH. This adorable zipper pouch is a gift from the box.
- WONDER MAGAZINE AND CRATE CARD. Every box includes a magazine and some crate cards, which list down the contents of the box with bits of information about each of them.
- TUMMY TIME MIRROR. The colorful, fun, and foldable item has a baby-safe mirror, card pockets, and flaps for it to be grabbed, lifted, or flipped easier.
- BLACK & WHITE CARDS. These Panda-colored fun cards are helpful for a baby’s visual development.
- SWADDLE BLANKET. This colorful, lightweight, and soft blanket is made of 100% cotton muslin and will make babies feel safe and sleep more peacefully.
- MILESTONE PILLOW & CARDS. The pillow will remind you of your baby’s milestone, along with some month cards that can be used for up to 12 months (or 1 year). However, it’s not a toy so don’t leave it on a crib or leave it with the baby unattended.
- BEYOND THE CRATE CARDS. These cards feature activities you can do to bond with your kid.
Aside from their play kits, Lovevery also offers The Play Gym, The Montessori Playshelf, The Block Set, The Home Collection, and More Playthings. What’s great about these playthings is that you don’t have to do everything all at once, because that would be too overwhelming. The contents are meant to be enjoyed one step at a time, or whenever you see fit as a parent.
- The Play Gym ($140.00). This stage-based play gym gives your child a whole year of play that is perfect for their developing brain.
- The Montessori Playshelf ($400.00). This 2-in-1 shelf includes 2 wooden trays and 2 storage bins, which simplifies toy rotation and storage.
- The Block Set ($90). This set comes with 70 pieces of blocks in 18 different shapes and colors that provides your child with more than 20 stage-based activities.
- The Home Collection. This collection has organic essentials for families with babies and toddlers.
- More Playthings. This consists of more products that your child could play and learn at every stage.
Panda Crate Extras
Besides the magazine and crate cards that are included in every box, Panda Crate also gives you the option to add a book to your subscription. The activities and contents of the box are all useful, and they will definitely help the parents connect and bond with their young ones.
- Panda Crate Deluxe Books ($9.95 per crate). These books are specially-curated to go with each month’s crate topic, which is a great way to extend the fun boost your child’s learning.
With Lovevery, you can easily manage your subscription as needed. They let you cancel your subscription through your account page at any time or by contacting their Customer Experience Team at help.lovevery.com. Lovevery notes that this should be made 3 business days prior to your next shipment date.
Cancelling Panda Crate
At Panda Crate, you can make changes to your subscription as you please. They allow you to cancel your subscription through your account page at any time or by contacting them at [email protected] Panda Crate notes that this must be done by 7pm EST, a day before your billing date.
Lovevery Return Policy
Lovevery wants nothing but for their customers to be totally satisfied with their products. If you consider your purchased Lovevery product unsatisfactory for any reason, you may contact their team at help.lovevery.com with your order number and reason for return, and they’ll issue you a prepaid return label. Returns are only accepted within 30 days of purchase, and they must be in their original packaging. Lovevery offers return shipping for free within the contiguous United States and Canada.
Panda Crate Return Policy
Unfortunately, Panda Crate does not accept product exchanges. However, any unused and undamaged product bought from their store can be returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund wherein you need to provide your order number, account name, and reason for return. To qualify for a refund, the items must be in their original packaging, but customers will be the ones responsible for the shipping costs on returns.
Lovevery Customer Service
Lovevery will always do everything they can to accommodate your request, and they encourage subscribers to contact them directly with any questions or concerns. They give you the option to call them at 833-568-3879, message them at their social media pages, or email them at help.lovevery.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Panda Crate Customer Service
Panda Crate welcomes all feedback, comments, and ideas from their customers. Panda Crate’s chat hours are Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm PST and Saturday to Sunday from 9am to 5pm PST, while their phone hours are Monday to Friday from 6am to 5pm PST. Within those hours, you have the option to call them at 1(800) 714-4828, chat with them at kiwico.com, or email them at [email protected]
Here’s a quick overview of each box to help you decide better:
COST AND SHIPPING
- If you value high-quality developmental materials over cost, Lovevery’s play kits prices start at $36 per month. They offer free shipping for a $75-plus box within the contiguous United States and Canada.
- If you’re looking to try an affordable baby subscription box, Panda Crate’s prices start at $31 per month. They provide free shipping for all of their subscription plans in the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Military APO/FPO, and Puerto Rico.
CUSTOMIZATION AND SIGN UP PROCESS
- If you want to receive a play kit that is right for your child, Lovevery lets you start at your child’s current stage and age. Their sign up process is user-friendly and the steps are easy to follow.
- If you want to receive products that are well-suited to your child, Panda Crate allows you to pick a subscription ideal for your child’s age and stage. Their sign up process is simple and straight to the point when dealing with customers.
PRODUCT AND PLANS
- If you need a box that offers educational play products and toys, Lovevery has play kits for babies aging from 0 to 12 months old and toddlers aging from 13 to 36 months.
- If you need a box that provides age-appropriate products and activities, Panda Crate comes with specifically curated items for babies ages 0-2.
- If you want to acquire additional products to your play kit, Lovevery also offers The Play Gym, The Block Set, The Home Collection, and More Playthings.
- If you want to boost your child’s learning, Panda Crate gives you the option to add a book to your subscription.
- If you wish to skip or cancel your Lovevery subscription, you can disable it through your account page.
- If you wish to skip or cancel your Panda Crate subscription, you can disable it through your account page.
- If you would like to return an order for any reason, you may contact Lovevery’s team at help.lovevery.com with your order number and reason for return, and they’ll issue you a prepaid return label.
- If you would like to return Panda Crate’s products, you need to provide your order number, account name, and reason for return.
- If you’re looking to find answers to your questions about your Lovevery box, you can reach out to their customer service at help.lovevery.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- If you’re looking to find answers to your questions about your Panda Crate, you can get in touch with their customer service at [email protected]
Overall, Lovevery and Panda Crate both have a lot to offer when it comes to helping your child in their development. The choice between these baby subscription boxes still depends on your priorities as a parent. Lovevery provides wonderful toys and learning experiences for your baby. Panda Crate, on the other hand, is an excellent subscription that helps develop your child’s skills while having fun.
Still need more info?