See our comparisons of these Beauty Subscription Boxes!
- We put Allure Beauty Box and Ipsy Glam Bag Plus head to head to determine which beauty subscription box matches your needs.
- Allure Beauty Box is mostly composed of high-end brands, while Ipsy Glam Bag Plus is full of customized items and variations.
- MORE: Best Beauty Subscription Boxes of 2021
- Sign up for the Hello Subscription newsletter to enjoy great subscription info and deals!
Allure Beauty Box vs. Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Comparison
Everyone deserves to feel pampered every once in a while. Beauty subscription boxes are one wonderful way to treat yourself with makeup, skincare products, and loads more. But which one fits you the best?
By now you’ve probably heard of Allure. Founded in 1991, Allure is an American women’s magazine solely focused on beauty that offers Allure Beauty Box as their monthly beauty subscription box. Allure Beauty Box has a unique product mix of beauty samples that are not usually included in other subscription boxes. From their expert-approved items of handpicked makeup and skincare products, each Allure Beauty Box serves a mix of luxury and indie brands. Allure Beauty Box subscribers can opt for an annual subscription to get a free Mega Bundle, which contains more products.
Ipsy, on the other hand, was founded in 2011 out of the YouTube beauty movement. Since then, they have brought inspiration towards their subscribers around the world to express each of their unique beauty. They provide skincare items, perfumes, nail and skin products, and makeup based on your preferences. Ipsy Glam Bag subscribers can upgrade to Ipsy Glam Bag Plus or Ipsy Glam Bag X to receive full-size items.
Image from our review.
Allure Beauty Box is a subscription service, which delivers 6 or more products (at least 3 full-size items) to your door each month. This includes expert-approved makeup and skincare products. All of their items are top-trending and hand-selected.
DEAL: Sign up for the Allure Beauty Box and receive a free bonus gift!
These subscription services are packed with quality items that you will look forward to receiving. Allure Beauty Box and Ipsy Glam Bag Plus both offer beauty products that cater to your every need. However, there are still certain aspects where Allure Beauty Box and Ipsy Glam Bag Plus differ from each other, which will help you make your decision. Here are all the details that will help you choose which option is more suitable for you.
PRICING AND PLANS
Allure Beauty Box Pricing and Plans
If you consider affordability as a part of your buying decision process when choosing the subscription box that matches your beauty needs, Allure Beauty Box is the more budget-friendly option. Allure Beauty Box comes with the assurance of delivering an average value of over $100 per box. Although both boxes offer lower monthly costs to subscribers who sign up for longer plans, Allure Beauty Box subscription boxes are still cheaper than Ipsy Glam Bag Plus. Allure Beauty Box’s monthly subscription plan costs $23 per box. Allure Beauty Box offers free shipping within the contiguous United States, and Canada has a shipping fee of $5.
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Pricing and Plans
Even though both give out savings to subscribers who sign up for longer-term subscriptions, Ipsy Glam Bag Plus is slightly more expensive than Allure Beauty Box. Nonetheless, Ipsy Glam Bag Plus promises a value of at least $120-plus per box. Ipsy Glam Bag Plus’ monthly subscription plan costs $25 per box. Ipsy Glam Bag Plus has free shipping throughout the United States, and Canada will be charged an extra $2.95 per month in shipping.
In each of these beauty subscription boxes, subscribers get to save more money by acquiring multiple month subscription plans. Allure Beauty Box and Ipsy Glam Bag Plus both offer free shipping in the United States and provide discounts for longer commitments. Value-wise, both boxes give you more than what you pay for, but Allure Beauty Box’s subscription plans are still lower-cost.
CUSTOMIZATION AND SIGN UP PROCESS
When it comes to choosing the beauty subscription box that fills your beauty needs, there are many things to consider. Allure Beauty Box lets you take a Skincare Routine Quiz to find the best products for your skin, while Ipsy Glam Bag Plus includes a Beauty Quiz that’ll help them tailor a box specific to your needs. Both subscriptions have a sign up process that is user-friendly and their steps are easy to follow.
Allure Beauty Box Customization and Sign Up Process
To join Allure Beauty Box, you’ll only have to accomplish a few quick, simple steps. Mainly, they’ll ask you to pick a subscription plan.
After you’ve finished reviewing your order details, you can place your order and become a member on the Allure Beauty Box website. In addition, Allure Beauty Box gives subscribers the option to take their Skincare Routine Quiz that’ll help them put together a customized regimen for you. They’ll ask you to provide information like your skin description, your skin concerns, and your preferred type of moisturizer and sunscreen.
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Customization and Sign Up Process
When you sign up for Ipsy Glam Bag Plus, you’ll start by answering questions that will help them personalize a box just for you. They’ll ask you to provide information like your skin tone, your eye or hair color, and the beauty brands you love.
Then, you’ll be asked to choose which type of subscription you want to acquire. Also, you can opt in to receive emails from Ipsy to get updates about their special offers, sneak peeks, and more delivered directly to your inbox. This newsletter will serve as your daily preview of the must-see events from Ipsy.
Allure Beauty Box Monthly Themes
Although Allure Beauty Box doesn’t come with a stated theme each month, they do not repeat the products they send out. Thus, Allure Beauty Box subscribers can enjoy new items every month. Additionally, each box includes a mini-magazine with the list of the featured products, discount codes for a future purchase, how-to guides, and beauty tricks.
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Monthly Themes
One of the perks of Ipsy Glam Bag Plus is subscribers get to experience different themes every month with the boxes they receive. Also, their beauty bag is always designed to each month’s theme. Some of the themes Ipsy has previously used include “Wild Side,” “Clean Slate,” “Feel The Love,” “Celebrate You,” “Full Bloom,” “Get That Glow,” “Take A Break,” “The Future Is Yours,” “Good Vibes,” “You’re Magic,” “Be Present,” and “Home For The Holidays.”
TYPES OF PRODUCTS AND BRANDS
Allure Beauty Box Types of Products and Brands
Every Allure Beauty Box aims to bring items that fit your lifestyle. Allure believes in the importance of using products that are tailored to your individual needs. Each box contains a mix of 6 or more editor-tested and curated products (at least 3 of which are full-size items) such as makeup, hair care, skincare, nail items, beauty tools, and so much more. Allure Beauty Box subscribers will receive a variation of products based on member history and will not receive the same product more than once. Despite not offering personalization with their products, Allure takes pride in their package contents that are carefully tested, reviewed, and approved by Allure editors themselves. One of the perks of Allure Beauty Box is subscribers get to benefit from the Allure editors’ beauty expertise and the top products they have access to.
With Allure Beauty Box, skincare products are heavily featured. The types of products you could expect from your Allure Beauty Box subscription commonly consist of skincare products, different kinds of lipsticks or lip care products, eye makeup, face makeup, hair care products, nail polish, and every now and then you’ll receive body care products, eyeshadow palettes, makeup brushes, beauty tools, or perfume. Some of the well-known brands you could get in your Allure Beauty Box include Nature Lab, Kate Somerville, Akar Skin, Tarte Cosmetics, Wander Beauty, Appeal Cosmetics, Olay, Belif, Rituals, Dr Botanicals, Floss Beauty, Mamonde, Purlisse, Eva NYC, Viktor & Rolf, Thrive Causemetics, Acure, Curology, Avarelle Cosmetics, Peach & Lily, Erno Lazlo, Pixi Beauty, Cleo Noir, Elemis, Verso Skincare, Sigma Beauty, NatureLab, Cetaphil, Mudmasky, Saturday Skin, U Beauty, and more.
Additionally, Allure Beauty Box subscribers can get a free Mega Bundle or 12 products valued at over $315 with the purchase of an annual subscription (prepay $250 for 12 months and save $26 compared to monthly), which basically has a bunch of items included in their past boxes plus other products you haven’t gotten yet. This typically comes with skincare products, different kinds of lipsticks or lip care products, hair care products, eye makeup, face makeup, body care products, and once in a while you’ll get eyeshadow palettes, makeup brushes, beauty tools, brow makeup, nail polish, or perfume. Allure notes that the bundles may vary per customer, and yearly subscriptions are non-refundable.
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Types of Products and Brands
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus is highly dependent on their Ultra Personalization process wherein you get to choose 3 products you want, including 2 picks by Ipsy out of the 5 full-size products in your Glam Bag Plus every month, starting on the 2nd at 9 a.m. ET until the 3rd at 6 p.m. ET. This comes with 5 personalized, full-size beauty products like skincare items, perfumes, nail and skin products, and makeup conveniently packed in a themed drawstring bag that varies month to month.
With Ipsy Glam Bag Plus, skincare products are greatly featured. The types of products you could expect from your Ipsy Glam Bag Plus subscription are mostly a mix of skincare products, different kinds of lipsticks or lip care products, eye makeup, face makeup, eyeshadow palettes, and the occasional brow makeup, face palettes, body care products, nail polish, or makeup brushes. Some of the top brands you could get in your Ipsy Glam Bag Plus include Tarte Cosmetics, Verso, Purlisse, AHAVA, Ciate London, Girlactik, Sunday Riley, Illamasqua, Dr. Brandt, Laura Geller, Violet Voss, Murad, Vitabrid, Farsali, QMS, 111Skin, Farsali, Pixi Beauty, Hero Cosmetics, Goldfaden MD, Huda, First Aid Beauty, and more.
In addition, if you’re an Ipsy Glam Bag Plus member with a monthly subscription plan, you are eligible to upgrade to the Ipsy Glam Bag X ($55 every 3 months and valued at up to $350) as a quarterly upgrade that contains 7-8 full-size products (3 of which may be chosen by you during Choice Time) from the trendiest brands, exclusive launches, and celeb-curated picks—considering you haven’t skipped your Ipsy Glam Bag Plus in the same month or prior to Ipsy Glam Bag X’s upgrade month. Ipsy notes that Glam Bag X quantities are limited, but you can reserve your spot while supplies last.
Allure Beauty Box Extras
Each Allure Beauty Box serves top-trending, editor-tested makeup and beauty picks. Being a magazine, Allure Beauty Box also comes with a mini-magazine with the list of the featured products, the MSRP of the full-sized products and where to find them, discount codes for a future purchase, step-by-step guides for every product found in the box and editor tips on how to use them, and beauty tricks. Aside from having the option to acquire Allure Beauty Box’s yearly subscription with a free Mega Bundle or 12 products valued at over $315, new subscribers signing up for the first time will receive a new member gift valued at $15-plus as well. Allure Beauty Box subscribers will also have access to sneak peeks, members-only discounts, coupon codes, exclusive offers, events, and beauty tips. From time to time, Allure also runs flash promotions, referral rewards, and test promotions that are mailed directly to your associated email address. Just make sure you are opted in to Allure’s promotional emails in your account settings to be eligible for these special promotional events.
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Extras
What really makes Ipsy Glam Bag Plus stand out from other beauty boxes is their subscribers get to have a free reusable drawstring bag with each monthly shipment. Your Glam Bag Plus will also be shipped in new eco-friendly and 100% recyclable bubble mailers, which help minimize the waste and keep your package secure. Besides having the option to acquire the limited-edition quarterly upgrade to Ipsy Glam Bag X, Ipsy also allows Glam Bag Plus subscribers to handpick extra items every month and have up to 10 add-ons from a selection of special products available for $3, $12, $18, and $25. Ipsy Glam Bag Plus subscribers can shop add-ons for 24 hours through the Ipsy website on the 2nd of every month until supplies last, score flash sales during Ipsy Flash, or shop for beauty products at up to 70% off through the Ipsy Shopper, and these will be shipped for free along with their Ipsy Glam Bag Plus. Alternatively, Ipsy Glam Bag Plus subscribers can purchase a Mystery Bag, which has 5 full-size surprise items from the previous month’s product selection.
LOYALTY AND REWARD PROGRAMS
Allure Beauty Box Loyalty and Reward Programs
Allure Beauty Box subscribers are offered free products for referring friends. You can earn increasing rewards (up to $54 value) the more friends you get to sign up using your unique referral link. Here are ways to earn rewards from Allure:
- Refer 1 friend: Earn Viktor & Rolf Perfume ($24 value).
- Refer 3 friends: Earn Flawless Finish Duo ($33 value).
- Refer 6 friends: Earn Skin Detox Duo ($54 value).
Your referral gift will arrive 1-3 weeks after your friend’s first Allure Beauty Box has been shipped.
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Loyalty and Reward Programs
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus subscribers are offered reward points for referring friends, writing a product review, following Ipsy creators, and reviewing their Ipsy Glam Bag Plus. Here are ways to earn points from Ipsy:
- Refer your friends: Earn 600 Points for every friend who signs up for Ipsy within 24 hours using your unique referral link.
- Write a product review: Earn 15 points to your account for each product you review in your online Glam Bag.
- Follow Ipsy creators: Earn 10 points for every social platform you follow.
- Review your Glam Bag: Earn 10 points each time you review your entire bag experience per month.
You can claim free products in exchange for these points, which will be shipped with your next box.
SKIPPING AND CANCELLING
Skipping and Cancelling for Allure Beauty Box
Allure customers with active subscription plans can suspend their service at any time to skip one or more boxes. You can reach out to Allure’s customer care to pause your subscription and select a restart date. You can also cancel your membership at any time by contacting Allure’s customer service via phone or email. However, the request to skip or cancel must be processed before the end of the previous month.
Skipping and Cancelling for Ipsy Glam Bag Plus
Ipsy lets you skip your membership for the duration you requested, and they’ll be sending you an email reminder before your subscription starts again. Although your Ipsy membership renews automatically, you can cancel through your account page at any time with no hidden fees.
Allure Beauty Box Customer Service
Allure ensures that their customers would always have a good experience with any of their representatives. They give you the option to call them, email them at [email protected], or send them a direct message on Twitter @Allure regarding your specific concerns. Their team responds to all inquiries within 48 hours.
Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Customer Service
Ipsy Care tries their best to support you regarding any issues, questions, or suggestions you may have. The best and fastest way to get their response is to send an email at help.ipsy.com or tag them on Twitter at @IPSYCare for them to help you.
Here’s a quick overview of each box to help you decide better:
PRICING AND PLANS
- If you value getting the most out of your subscription, Allure Beauty Box costs as low as $23 per month and $250 for the one-year subscription (each box is worth over $100). They also offer free shipping within the contiguous United States.
- If you value getting the most out of your subscription, Ipsy Glam Bag Plus costs as low as $25 per month and $275 for the one-year subscription (each box is worth over $120). Shipping is free throughout the United States.
CUSTOMIZATION AND SIGN UP PROCESS
- If you want to receive customized skincare products, Allure Beauty Box offers items tailored to your individual needs. Their sign up process is user-friendly and the steps are easy to follow.
- If you want to receive personalized beauty items, Ipsy Glam Bag Plus provides products specific to your tastes and preferences. Their sign up process is extremely detailed and ensures to gather all the valuable information.
- If you like to experience a box with fresh new looks each month, Allure Beauty Box comes with a variation of items and never repeats the products they send out.
- If you like to experience a box with different themes every month, Ipsy Glam Bag Plus has themed products and beauty bag per month.
TYPES OF PRODUCTS AND BRANDS
- If you need a box that fits your lifestyle, Allure Beauty Box contains a mix of 6 or more editor-tested and curated products (at least 3 of which are full-size items) such as makeup, hair care, skincare, nail items, and beauty tools. Allure Beauty Box has partnered with high-end brands that’ll deliver luxurious items to your doorstep.
- If you need a box tailored to your preferences, Ipsy Glam Bag Plus includes 5 personalized, full-size beauty products like skincare items, perfumes, nail and skin products, and makeup. Ipsy features many brands that’ll help refresh, reset, and breathe life into your beauty.
- If you want to take advantage of Allure Beauty Box’s benefits, their package contents include a mini-magazine with the list of the featured products as well as beauty tips and guides from Allure editors.
- If you want to acquire add-ons to your Ipsy Glam Bag Plus box, you can choose from their selection of special products.
LOYALTY AND REWARD PROGRAMS
- If you love to earn free products, Allure Beauty Box provides reward items for subscribers that refer friends.
- If you love to earn free products, Ipsy offers reward points for subscribers that refer friends, write a product review, follow Ipsy creators, and review their box.
SKIPPING AND CANCELLING
- If you wish to skip or cancel your Allure Beauty Box subscription, you need to get in touch with Allure’s customer service, and process it before the end of the previous month.
- If you wish to skip or cancel your Ipsy Glam Bag Plus subscription, you can disable it through your account page.
- If you’re looking to find answers to your questions about your Allure Beauty Box, you can get in touch with their customer service at [email protected]
- If you’re looking to find answers to your questions about your Ipsy Glam Bag Plus box, you can reach out to their customer service at help.ipsy.com.
Still need more info?
- Read our Allure Beauty Box Reviews and Ipsy Glambag Plus Reviews to get an idea of what’s in every box!
- Looking for a deal?
Overall, Allure Beauty Box and Ipsy Glam Bag Plus both have a lot to offer you in terms of beautification. What beauty subscription box you choose will ultimately come down to the type of products you love the best. For those who like surprises and want to try out luxurious beauty samples at an affordable price, Allure Beauty Box is the way to go. Ipsy Glam Bag Plus, on the other hand, is for consumers who would love to receive personalized products based on their specific beauty needs.
Looking for more subscription box showdowns? See all our subscription box comparisons to help you find the best subscription for you!