The Once Upon a Book Club Young Adult Box theme for April 2022 young adult fiction boxes is LIGHT IN THE DARK!
DEAL: Get 10% off your first order! Use coupon code HELLO10 at checkout.
In the middle of Budapest, there is a river. She knows the river is magic. During WWII, the river kept her family safe when they needed it most–safe from the Holocaust. But that was before the Communists seized power. Before her parents were murdered. Before she knew things about her father’s legacy that she wishes she could forget.
Now she keeps her head down, planning her escape from this country that has never loved her the way she loves it. But her carefully laid plans fall to pieces when her parents are unexpectedly, publicly exonerated. As the protests in other countries spur talk of a larger revolution in Hungary, she must decide if she believes in the promise and magic of her deeply flawed country enough to risk her life to help save it, or if she should let it burn to the ground.
A slow burn that coaxes readers to fall in love with characters that have suffered great loss, yet are still full of love and compassion, this beautifully written and poetic novel is representative of modern times in a book about freedom, loss, love, youth and so many other facets of life.
A historical fantasy that hooks you with its stunning writing, this diverse novel will inspire you to stand up for what you believe in and allow love and hope to guide you in everything.
Once Upon a Book Club is a subscription that offers a unique reading experience. Each month, you’ll receive a book to read, a 5″ x 7″ quote print, along with 2-4 corresponding gifts to match a quote/item mentioned in the book. Readers are advised to open the gifts as they finish the corresponding page to make them feel as if the book is coming to life! Check out all our Once Upon a Book Club reviews to find out more about this unique reading & surprise gifts subscription box!
- ADULT: Newly released, adult (18+) fiction book (Contemporary, General, or Historical fiction) Subscribers have the option of contacting us for the title.
- YOUNG ADULT: Newly released, young adult fiction book geared towards ages 14+
- 3 – 5 individually wrapped gifts with page numbers from the book, not meant to be opened until you reach the given page – bringing the book to life.
- A 5×7 quote print featuring a quote from the selected book
- Discussion questions (featured both of Facebook and Instagram) and read-a-long dates for live discussions and gift openings with fellow Book Club members
Are you getting Once Upon a Book Club?