We have the September 2021 Authentic Books, a subscription that sends books and self-care items! DEADLINE to grab this box is 9/5.
Receive a new, highly anticipated book each month, paired with self-care items that relax and immerse you in the book.
Here are the books this month:
- Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney
- The Charm Offensive by Alison Cochrun
- Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney
About the books:
Beautiful World, Where Are You is a new novel by Sally Rooney, the bestselling author of Normal People and Conversations with Friends.
Alice, a novelist, meets Felix, who works in a warehouse, and asks him if he’d like to travel to Rome with her. In Dublin, her best friend, Eileen, is getting over a break-up, and slips back into flirting with Simon, a man she has known since childhood.
Alice, Felix, Eileen, and Simon are still young―but life is catching up with them. They desire each other, they delude each other, they get together, they break apart. They have sex, they worry about sex, they worry about their friendships and the world they live in. Are they standing in the last lighted room before the darkness, bearing witness to something? Will they find a way to believe in a beautiful world?
In this witty and heartwarming romantic comedy—reminiscent of Red, White & Royal Blue and One to Watch—an awkward tech wunderkind on a reality dating show goes off-script when sparks fly with his producer.
Dev Deshpande has always believed in fairy tales. So it’s no wonder then that he’s spent his career crafting them on the long-running reality dating show Ever After. As the most successful producer in the franchise’s history, Dev always scripts the perfect love story for his contestants, even as his own love life crashes and burns. But then the show casts disgraced tech wunderkind Charlie Winshaw as its star.
Charlie is far from the romantic Prince Charming Ever After expects. He doesn’t believe in true love, and only agreed to the show as a last-ditch effort to rehabilitate his image. In front of the cameras, he’s a stiff, anxious mess with no idea how to date twenty women on national television. Behind the scenes, he’s cold, awkward, and emotionally closed-off.
As Dev fights to get Charlie to connect with the contestants on a whirlwind, worldwide tour, they begin to open up to each other, and Charlie realizes he has better chemistry with Dev than with any of his female co-stars. But even reality TV has a script, and in order to find to happily ever after, they’ll have to reconsider whose love story gets told.
Rock Paper Scissors is the latest exciting domestic thriller from the queen of the killer twist, New York Times bestselling author Alice Feeney.
Think you know the person you married? Think again…
Things have been wrong with Mr and Mrs Wright for a long time. When Adam and Amelia win a weekend away to Scotland, it might be just what their marriage needs. Self-confessed workaholic and screenwriter Adam Wright has lived with face blindness his whole life. He can’t recognize friends or family, or even his own wife.
Every anniversary the couple exchange traditional gifts–paper, cotton, pottery, tin–and each year Adam’s wife writes him a letter that she never lets him read. Until now. They both know this weekend will make or break their marriage, but they didn’t randomly win this trip. One of them is lying, and someone doesn’t want them to live happily ever after.
Ten years of marriage. Ten years of secrets. And an anniversary they will never forget.
The Mini Experience box includes:
- Newly released Book (most will be signed by the author)
- Soy Candle (exclusive to Authentic Books)
- Self Care item
- Custom Bookmark
- Custom Matches
- Book Music Playlist
- Booklet (recipes/journal prompts)
The Full Experience box includes:
- Mini Experience box
- (2) more self care items
- Your choice of cocktail or tea
The Premium Experience box includes:
- The Full Experience Box
- (1) more self care item
- artisan chocolate bar
NEW! The No Book box (non subscription) includes:
- Everything in the Full Experience box minus the book!
Authentic Books is a monthly immersive book subscription that lets you experience reading with all your five senses! The subscription starts at $40 per month, and available in 3 membership types – Mini Experience ($40 per month), Full Experience ($50 per month), and Premium Experience ($60 per month). They have also just launched the No Book box, which is a one-time box based on the current Full Experience box minus the book!
How it works:
- Pick Your Experience Referring to the five senses, we curate a box of self-care items with deep connections to your book. Each box also comes with a custom bookmark and other book experience enhancers.
- Choose Your Book Pick from 2 newly released hardcover books. No settling for a book you might not like. Genres of each book will vary each month. Boxes ship the last week of the month.
- Enjoy & Skip Whenever It’s here! Cozy up to your next favorite book, light your aromatic candle, taste your decadent treats, listen to your custom playlist, and experience books like never before.
Here’s what you get:
A unique reading experience that touches all of your senses & surrounds you with the sights, sounds and smells from your book:
- Sight – Pick from two newly released, hardcover books.
- Taste – Drinks & treats with flavors inspired by your book.
- Smell – Hand poured candles that capture the scents from your book.
- Touch – Treat yourself to relaxing boutique beauty items that connect to your book.
- Sound – A custom playlist that transports you into your book.
- Heart – 5% of your membership supports children’s education.
What do you think of Authentic Books?