We have the August 2021 Authentic Books, a subscription that sends books and self-care items! DEADLINE to grab this box is 8/5.
Receive a new, highly anticipated book each month, paired with self-care items that relax and immerse you in the book.
Here are the hints for the books this month:
About the books:
Miranda Fitch’s life is a waking nightmare. The accident that ended her burgeoning acting career left her with excruciating, chronic back pain, a failed marriage, and a deepening dependence on painkillers. And now she’s on the verge of losing her job as a college theater director. Determined to put on Shakespeare’s All’s Well That Ends Well, the play that promised, and cost, her everything, she faces a mutinous cast hellbent on staging Macbeth instead. Miranda sees her chance at redemption slip through her fingers.
That’s when she meets three strange benefactors who have an eerie knowledge of Miranda’s past and a tantalizing promise for her future: one where the show goes on, her rebellious students get what’s coming to them, and the invisible, doubted pain that’s kept her from the spotlight is made known.
With prose Margaret Atwood has described as “no punches pulled, no hilarities dodged…genius,” Mona Awad has concocted her most potent, subversive novel yet. All’s Well is the story of a woman at her breaking point and a formidable, piercingly funny indictment of our collective refusal to witness and believe female pain.
A woman struggling with burnout learns to embrace the unexpected—and the man she enlists to help her—in this heartfelt new romance by USA Today bestselling author Helen Hoang.
When violinist Anna Sun accidentally achieves career success with a viral YouTube video, she finds herself incapacitated and burned out from her attempts to replicate that moment. And when her longtime boyfriend announces he wants an open relationship before making a final commitment, a hurt and angry Anna decides that if he wants an open relationship, then she does, too. Translation: She’s going to embark on a string of one-night stands. The more unacceptable the men, the better.
That’s where tattooed, motorcycle-riding Quan Diep comes in. Their first attempt at a one-night stand fails, as does their second, and their third, because being with Quan is more than sex—he accepts Anna on an unconditional level that she herself has just started to understand. However, when tragedy strikes Anna’s family she takes on a role that she is ill-suited for, until the burden of expectations threatens to destroy her. Anna and Quan have to fight for their chance at love, but to do that, they also have to fight for themselves.
The Mini Experience box includes:
- Newly released Book (most will be signed by the author)
- Soy Candle (exclusive to Authentic Books)
- Self Care item
- Custom Bookmark
- Custom Matches
- Book Music Playlist
- Booklet (recipes/journal prompts)
The Full Experience box includes:
- Mini Experience box
- (2) more self care items
- Your choice of cocktail or tea
The Premium Experience box includes:
- The Full Experience Box
- (1) more self care item
- artisan chocolate bar
NEW! The No Book box (non subscription) includes:
- Everything in the Full Experience box minus the book!
Authentic Books is a monthly immersive book subscription that lets you experience reading with all your five senses! The subscription starts at $40 per month, and available in 3 membership types – Mini Experience ($40 per month), Full Experience ($50 per month), and Premium Experience ($60 per month). They have also just launched the No Book box, which is a one-time box based on the current Full Experience box minus the book!
How it works:
- Pick Your Experience Referring to the five senses, we curate a box of self-care items with deep connections to your book. Each box also comes with a custom bookmark and other book experience enhancers.
- Choose Your Book Pick from 2 newly released hardcover books. No settling for a book you might not like. Genres of each book will vary each month. Boxes ship the last week of the month.
- Enjoy & Skip Whenever It’s here! Cozy up to your next favorite book, light your aromatic candle, taste your decadent treats, listen to your custom playlist, and experience books like never before.
Here’s what you get:
A unique reading experience that touches all of your senses & surrounds you with the sights, sounds and smells from your book:
- Sight – Pick from two newly released, hardcover books.
- Taste – Drinks & treats with flavors inspired by your book.
- Smell – Hand poured candles that capture the scents from your book.
- Touch – Treat yourself to relaxing boutique beauty items that connect to your book.
- Sound – A custom playlist that transports you into your book.
- Heart – 5% of your membership supports children’s education.
What do you think of Authentic Books?