The Short Story Advent Calendar returns this 2020 (but no more – this is the last one! to spice up your holidays with another collection – 24 stories that readers open one by one on the days leading to the most awaited Christmas day. This calendar is priced at $60 CAD, about $46 USD.
Turn the lights out, carry me home.
For the past five years, the Short Story Advent Calendar has lit up libraries and living rooms around the world with shimmering smorgasbords of bite-sized literary fiction. But all good things must come to an end. So grab the emergency schnapps from the back of the liquor cabinet, and join us for one last holiday hurrah.
You know the drill by now. The 2020 Short Story Advent Calendar is a deluxe box set of individually bound short stories from some of the best writers in North America.
This year’s slipcase is a thing of beauty, too, with electric-yellow lining and spot-glossed lettering. It also comes wrapped in two rubber bands to keep those booklets snug in their beds.
Contributors to this year’s set include:
- Sara O’Leary (The Ghost in the House)
- Sofia Samatar (A Stranger in Olondria)
- Jim Shepard (Like You’d Understand, Anyway)
- Amber Sparks (I Do Not Forgive You)
- Adam Sternbergh (The Blinds)
- Are the stories religious? Nope.
- Are they Christmas-y? Not as a rule, no. But you never know what snuck in the back.
- Are they appropriate for children? Also no. There is definitely some adult content in here. Your adventurous teen could probably handle it, but we wouldn’t recommend handing it to anyone younger than that.
A limited edition is available, too – $120 CAD
NOTE: orders of the 2020 Short Story Advent Calendar will ship in the first week of November. If you order a calendar along with another title, they will be shipped together.
- Within Canada (via Canada Post) and the U.S. (via USPS): $15 for one calendar, $25 for two, $30 for three, $35 for four, and $40 for five.
- Shipping rates to other countries vary. Please note that we are not responsible for any duties or taxes for international orders.