See our comparisons of the Best Beauty Subscription Boxes under $20!
BOX BASICS: All subscriptions are under $20 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons.
CUSTOMIZATION: Most subscriptions also ask you to complete a basic beauty profile. Ipsy allows you to rate items for Ipsy match and has started allowing a limited number of subscribers to select an item, but that feature isn’t yet universal.
REFERRALS & POINTS: Ipsy offer referral points; redeem points on selected samples in the Ipsy bonus section. You earn points on the monthly Sephora subscription plus you can redeem a PLAY! card in-store for an extra 50 points on any purchase.
VARIATIONS: Play!, Ipsy, and Birchbox send out multiple subscriber variations – we’re showing what we’ve reviewed here, and we would love to hear your experiences in the comments. For Allure, LookFantastic, and Macy’s, everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
- Ipsy Glam Bag
- Color Club Nail Lacquer in Catwalk ($8.50)
- Kensie Body Lotion ($2.64)
- Juliet Has A Gun Vanilla Vibes Eau De Parfum ($10)
- INMO Velveteen Dream Shadow in Kween Bee ($9)
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte As Hell Lip Crayon in #15 Stephanie Plum ($18.74)
Total Value: About $48.88
The June 2020 Ipsy Glam Bag’s variety was excellent. There’s a perfume, body lotion, nail polish, and two makeup items. They kept things interesting! Also, these items will be around for a while, and everything but the lotion will last for more than a month
Review: Ipsy June 2020 Review
- Starskin 100% Camellia Nourishing & Brightening 2-Step Oil Sheet Mask ($8.64)
- Dashing Diva Gloss Ultra Shine Gel Palette in All Lined Up ($8)
- Purlisse Watermelon + Charcoal Purifying Cleanser ($18)
- Yensa Super 8 Lip Oil ($28)
- La Roche-Posay Active C10 Vitamin C Cream ($8.33)
- Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb Aloe Vera ($7.60)
Total Value: About $78.57
Allure sent 6 useful products in the June Beauty Box! It’s a skincare-heavy month, so 4 of those items were for the face but the nail wraps and lip oil were fun to use as well. The nail wraps were impressive, and the lip oil is the perfect addition to a summer laid-back beauty routine. Another great item is the Belif moisturizer, it feels so refreshing on the skin that gets overly red thanks to the sun.
Deal: Get a FREE new member bonus item with your first box! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Lookfantastic Beauty Bag.
- Shangpree Aroma Blend Calming Mask ($3.33)
- GLOV Wet/Detangling Brush. (about $8)
- Ultrasun SPF 30 Lip Protection & Care ($24.95)
- Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel Bath & Shower Gel ($32)
- Everything Mask Josh Wood Colour ($5.12)
- Polaar Sun Lotion ($10.20)
Total Value: About $84
Lookfantastic this month is a perfect box for a staycation! The inclusions are perfect for staying-in and keeping you relaxed at home. The mask gives the hair a salon-like treatment, and the calming sheet mask is perfect for a much-needed pamper time. The bath and shower gel has a fresh scent, plus the see-through bag was fantastic!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
- Daily Concepts Your Facial Microscrubber ($5)
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom Eau De Toilette ($2.24)
- Eyeko Brow Liner ($12)
- Davines The Spotlight Circle Hair Mask ($10)
- Alterna My Hair My Canvas New Beginnings Exfoliating Cleanser ($3.81)
- Benefit BADGal Bang! Volumizing Mascara ($8.33)
Total Value: About $41
The regular Birchbox includes a couple of hair care items, some lash and brow makeup, a fragrance sample, plus a facial scrubber! It’s a good curation in terms of variety. The hair treatment mask takes the spotlight, as the formula works well for color-treated hair. It also delivers the hydration and keeps hair shiny and more manageable.
- Get a FREE Birchbox Beauty Box with a 3+ months gift card purchase! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- See special savings on your subscription! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Save 15% off on $30+ Birchbox shop orders! Use coupon code FIRST15.
Once again, Allure takes the crown this June because it’s skincare-heavy, with 4 face products plus a nail wrap and lip oil. Lookfantastic is staycation-themed and the contents are curated for relaxation. They included a beauty bag as well. We also enjoyed this month’s Ipsy Glam Bag, which includes a perfume, lotion, nail polish, and make-up items in a single bag. The Birchbox customized box has a good variety and we could not ask for more! We may be missing some of the other boxes and we’re crossing our fingers that they’ll be back soon! Overall, we’re so happy with everything that we got this month!