See our comparisons of the Best Beauty Subscription Boxes over $20!
BOX BASICS: All subscriptions are over $20 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons.
CUSTOMIZATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ships the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
REFERRALS & POINTS: Ipsy offers referral points; redeem points on selected samples in the Ipsy bonus section.
VARIATIONS: All of these boxes also send out multiple subscriber variations – we’re showing what we’ve reviewed here, and we would love to hear your experiences in the comments!
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 2
- Sutra Beauty Mini Curling Wand ($49.99)
- Deborah Lippman Polish Duo in Fire On The Horizon & Can’t Stop The Feeling ($20)
- English Laundry No. 7 For Her ($24)
- Hourglass Cosmetics Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick ($42)
- Wander Beauty Dush to Dawn Blush and Highlighter Palette ($26)
Total Value: About $160
BOXYCHARM this month is definitely a steal! One of the best items in the box is the highlighting stick because the formula is just so good. It gives the skin a natural-looking glow, making it look more radiant and bright. The mini curling wand is also amazing as it does a great job creating long-lasting curls. Its size is travel friendly as well. It’s a pretty good curation overall, with a high total retail value.
Review: BOXYCHARM May 2020 Review
- Get one month FREE when you sign up for a 12-month BoxyCharm subscription! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Get a FREE Gift with Boxycharm - enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Five full size items from Ipsy
- Ipsy Glambag
- Coloured Raine Cosmetics Vineyard Soirée Palette ($20?)
- NOMAD Cosmetics NOMAD x Sydney Bathers Kiss Of Sun Palette ($27)
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment ($85)
- Wander Beauty Frame Your Face Precise Brow Gel in Clear ($22)
- Sugar Rush Sugar Coat Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Sprinkle ($15)
Total Value: About $149
This month’s box is really great! The summer-themed pouch is cute, although kinda small. Also, all the products are all amazing and useful! The standout item is the lactic acid treatment because it’s gentle on the skin and it does a great job of keeping it bright and smooth. The lippie was also a nice addition as it wasn’t only a liquid lipstick but it has lip care benefits as well.
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- CBD FX Charcoal Face Mask ($6.99)
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm ($12.19)
- Steve Laurant Wild Thing Eyeshadow Pallette ($40)
- Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner ($17.60)
- Bellápierre Kiss Proof Lip Crème in Rose Petal ($20)
Total Value: About $97
If not for the palette, this would have been a nice Glossybox curation. The skincare items are pretty good though, especially the cleansing balm. It’s always great to receive products that work really well in keeping the skin clean and fresh, and the cleansing balm does just that. It even works on stubborn makeup! Hopefully, they improve their future boxes and no more overpriced stuff!
Review: GLOSSYBOX May 2020 Review
Deal: See special savings on your subscription - just enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Dr. Brandt’s CLEAN BIOTIC™ pH-balanced Yogurt Cleanser with Chlorophyll (Full size – 3.5 fl. oz.)
- HydroPeptide HydroActive Cleanse Micellar Facial Cloths (Full size – 30 count)
- SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 (4 ml.)
- SKIN INC Supplement Bar Lines Be-Gone Rose Gold Mask (1 mask comes in 2 pieces)
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm (20 g.)
- SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator (size?)
- BY TERRY Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder (1.3 g.)
- DHC Mild Lotion (1 fl. oz.)
Total Value: About $100
This BeautyFIX curation contains a good mix of products to keep the skin smooth and youthful. There’s a bunch of cleansers, including a balm and a yogurt cleanser, plus a hydrator and even a mask. It’s the perfect curation for the skin conscious.
This month, the winner is Ipsy Glambag Plus! Aside from the pretty Summer-themed pouch, all the products are really useful and amazing. BOXYCHARM takes the second spot, it’s another great curation too. It’s really a steal because the overall retail price is higher compared to the price of the box, and it’s really fantastic. GLOSSYBOX would have been another amazing curation if not for the palette, and we hope that the next boxes won’t have overpriced items. BeautyFix is jam-packed with face and skincare products, and they will be all useful when we can go out again. This is another intense competition between these boxes, and we are the real winners because we were able to try great products from each of our contenders!