See our comparisons of the Best Beauty Subscription Boxes over $20!
BOX BASICS: All subscriptions are over $20 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons.
CUSTOMIZATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ships the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
REFERRALS & POINTS: Ipsy offers referral points; redeem points on selected samples in the Ipsy bonus section.
VARIATIONS: All of these boxes also send out multiple subscriber variations – we’re showing what we’ve reviewed here, and we would love to hear your experiences in the comments!
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 1
- Ace Beaute Palette Scarlet Dusk ($34.99)
- Pretty Vulgar Under Cover Concealer ($25)
- Petite ‘n Pretty Fully Feathered Volumizing Mascara ($16)
- Skin & Co Roma Truffle Therapy Face Gommage ($28)
- Avant Sleeping Mask ($111.18)
Total Value: About $215.17
BOXYCHARM gets another home run this month! This month’s box has a great mix of makeup and skincare products. The standout item is the exfoliator, which is great for anyone with aging skin. Everything else was mostly great, but the concealer is a miss!
Review: BOXYCHARM January 2020 Review
- Get one month FREE when you sign up for a 12-month BoxyCharm subscription! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Get a FREE Gift with Boxycharm - enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Avant Hydra-Bright Collagen Eye Restoring Pads ($12.80)
- Purelei Hair Tie.
- Mudmasky Renewal Nourishing Mask ($15)
- BYBI Strawberry Booster 100% Cold Pressed Strawberry Seed Oil (£12)
- Kandi Cosmetics Pre Glow Up Mist (£15)
- Tree Hut Sugar Lips Lip Scrub ($5.99)
Total Value: About $69.02
Everything about this month’s GLOSSYBOX is amazing! The glow up mist is a standout in the curation. It’s gentle and skin-friendly, making your skin look refreshed and glowing just after a few spritzes! The lip scrub is also nice. It smells great, and also reveals smoother and softer lips. The rest of the items are pretty usable.
Review: GLOSSYBOX January 2020 Review
Deal: See special savings on your subscription - just enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Slip Silk Hair Scrunchie Skinnie.
- Dermalogica Biolumin-C Eye ($28)
- HUM Nutrition Glow Sweet Glow ($25)
- Elemis Peptide4 Adaptive Day Cream ($24)
- REN Clean Skincare Perfect Canvas Jelly Oil Cleanser ($4.80)
- Yon-Ka Hydra No. 1 Masque ($18.6)
- TULA Skincare Illuminating Serum.
Total Value: About $112
This BeautyFIX curation contains products that are all for skincare, and they’re all amazing! It’s truly great to invest in skincare because as we age, our skin becomes more prone to damage. It is honestly so hard to choose a favorite from this month’s selection because every single one of them works like magic!
Review: BeautyFIX January 2020 Review
Five full size items from Ipsy
- Sugar Cosmetics Wingman Waterproof Eyeliner in 01 I’ll Be Black ($15)
- Billion Dollar Brows Best Sellers Kit ($42)
- AHAVA Essential Day Moisturizer ($67)
- Purlisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum ($36.66)
- Goldfaden MD Doctor’s Scrub ($39.46)
Total Value: About $200
Ipsy Glambag Plus is filled with skincare items. There’s a moisturizer which is perfect to use in winter more than ever, a serum to help keep the eyes perky, and a tub of scrub for exfoliating minus the dryness! They’re all super usable, and they all came in full-sizes. The included makeup products are also awesome, especially the complete brow kit!
Our clear winner for this month is BOXYCHARM! It’s once again filled with amazing items. Although the concealer is a miss, it doesn’t take away the fact that the rest of the contents are all useful and effective. Ipsy Glambag Plus comes in a close second as the box is full of skincare products that are perfect for various skin concerns. We’re really happy that the boxes focused mostly on skin care. The winter weather could take a toll on the skin and having the right skincare products really help in maintaining healthy and glowing skin. Boxycharm is also great, so as Glossybox, and we couldn’t ask for more!