See our comparisons of the Best Beauty Subscription Boxes over $20!
BOX BASICS: All subscriptions are over $20 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons.
CUSTOMIZATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ships the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
REFERRALS & POINTS: Ipsy offers referral points; redeem points on selected samples in the Ipsy bonus section.
VARIATIONS: All of these boxes also send out multiple subscriber variations – we’re showing what we’ve reviewed here, and we would love to hear your experiences in the comments!
Five full size items from Ipsy
- Ittsē The Fulton Magnetic Eyeshadow Quad ($60)
- Illamasqua Liquid Eyeliner ($18.20)
- Verso Skincare Eye Cream ($65)
- Tarte Stay Spray Setting Spray ($25)
- 111Skin Cryo Activating Hydra Gel ($200)
Total Value: About $368.20
Ipsy Glambag Plus really never fails to amaze subscribers with wonderful products, which are not just high in value but also work well! This month, that standout item is the Hydra Gel. This item alone is $200 in retail value, which is 4x the cost of the box. It’s highly moisturizing, with a cooling sensation and an anti-aging effect. The rest of the items are also high-quality and useful.
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 1
- Aesthetica Brush Cleanser and Conditioner ($17)
- Storybook Cosmetics Mini Palette in Robin Hood (Green Book) ($25)
- Brow Bar Makeover Kit ($30)
- Ciate Marbled Light Blusher ($26)
- Saturday Skin Waterfall Glacier Water Cream ($39)
Total Value: About $137
This month’s BOXYCHARM is mostly dominated by makeup products! The palette is fantastic, the theme is well-thought-out and most importantly, the eyeshadow formula is smooth, creamy, and long-lasting. The brow kit and the blusher are of high-quality as well. The only skincare product this month is the water cream, and they even included a brush cleaner, which is pretty useful.
Review: BOXYCHARM December 2019 Review
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- LA Splash Cosmetics Golden Gatsby 3D Faux Mink Lashes ($12)
- Real Her Ultimate Glow Getter Cheek Trio ($28)
- Luxie 211 Concealer ($14)
- Steve Laurant Cherry Lip Tint in Cherry ($22)
- Nail Medic Rejuvenator Nail & Cuticle Energizer.
Total Value: About $76
This month’s GLOSSYBOX really gives a bang for your buck! The nail treatment takes the spotlight this month. As time passes, our nails get brittle and this is a great way to take care of them. The lip tint is another awesome inclusion. It leaves a sheer color that looks natural on the lips. The rest of the items are pretty useful!
Review: GLOSSYBOX December 2019 Review
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Avene Hydrance Rich Hydrating Cream(1.35 fl. oz.)
- Harry Josh Pro Tools Carbon Tail Comb(1 piece)
- Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist™ Lash Paint Mascara – Black (2.5 ml.)
- Verso Nourishing Cream (15 ml.)
- Dermablend Loose Setting Powder – Original (3 g.)
- Murad Prebiotic 3-in-1 MultiMist (0.14 oz.)
- VIRTUE® Restorative Treatment Mask (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Alterna CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Smoothing Anti-Frizz Blowout Butter (0.85 oz.)
- Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar (17 g.)
Total Value: About $100
This BeautyFIX curation contains a nice mix of skincare and hair care products. There’s also a make-up product included, which is the lash paint mascara. There are even a pre-biotic 3-in-1 multi-mist and a deep cleansing bar soap, making it really well-rounded.
The winner for this month is definitely the Ipsy Glambag Plus! One product inclusion has a retail price of around $200, which is amazing for a $25 box! It is followed by the make-up filled Boxycharm and the jampacked Beautyfix boxes. We’re also happy about the Glossybox but we really can’t tell if the palette is great because it arrived to us in a not so good condition. Overall, the boxes this month are amazing, and we’re excited about the future curations!