See our comparisons of the Best Beauty Subscription Boxes over $20!
BOX BASICS: All subscriptions are over $20 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons.
CUSTOMIZATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ships the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
REFERRALS & POINTS: Ipsy offer referral points; redeem points on selected samples in the Ipsy bonus section.
VARIATIONS: All of these boxes also send out multiple subscriber variations – we’re showing what we’ve reviewed here, and we would love to hear your experiences in the comments!
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 1
- Dose of Colors Eyeshadow Palette in Sassy Siennas ($32)
- Hollywood N Vine Long Eyeliner Pencil ($7)
- Hank & Henry Slick With it Mascara ($19)
- Mellow Tinted Brow Gel ($16)
- Iconic London 1 Prep-Set-Glow Spray in Glow ($31)
Total Value: About $103
The items from this month’s BOXYCHARM focused mostly on the eyes and it’s awesome. It’s one of the most challenging areas to put makeup on, and they made sure we’re armed with a lot of products to make sure that our eye makeup is always on point, whether on ordinary days or on special occasions. The box keeps on improving every month!
Review: BOXYCHARM October 2019 Review
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Pro Concealer Palette ($32.38)
- Skin&Co Roma Truffle Therapy Polishing Micro-Exfoliating Truffle Face Gommage ($5.91)
- -417 Time Control Firming Mud Mask ($7.80)
- John Masters Organics Body Wash in Geranium & Grapefruit ($6)
- John Masters Organics Body Milk in Geranium & Grapefruit ($6)
- Illamasqua Hydra Veil ($9.34)
Total Value: About $68
GLOSSYBOX is all about skincare this month! All these skin-loving products can easily make one happy, especially because they’re all moisturizing and ideal for keeping our skin well-nourished despite the harsh cold weather. It’s a wonderful curation overall!
Review: GLOSSYBOX October 2019 Review
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Tula Skincare Purifying Face Cleanser
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
- Mio Skin Tight Tightening Body Serum
- Fur Oil
- Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
- Boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask
- 100% Pure Luminizing Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
Total Value: About $100
The BeautyFIX curation this month is also skin-friendly! Some of them are even made with natural and organic ingredients, like the face mask, eye cream, and dry shampoo. These will be ideal to add to any skin care routine, especially that the colder days are here!
Five full size items from Ipsy
- Betty Boop x Ipsy That’s So Betty Eyeshadow Palette
- Jules Smith Beauty Power Gloss Duo in Namaste All Day and Serene Queen ($32)
- Glossier Milky Oil Waterproof Makeup Remover ($12)
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator ($79)
- Purlisse Blue Lotus Brightening Serum ($51.91)
Total Value: About $175
Ipsy Glambag Plus impresses once again, as they featured the best and most trusted brands in makeup and skincare in this month’s box. There are two makeup items, an eyeshadow palette, and a lip gloss duo, which are some of the most important things to consider when it comes to creating a beautiful makeup look, while the skincare products are all fantastic as some of them are even multi-tasking! Our only disappointment is the missing bag!
The winner this month is definitely the Ipsy Glambag Plus! We got amazing products from the best and most trusted brands. They included make-up items that are mostly needed to create a glam look, plus most of the skincare products are multitasking. Our only disappointment is the missing bag! Boxycharm came in second as it included eye make-up, which is one of the most challenging areas to put make-up on. The box also keeps on improving as time goes. Glossybox offers more skincare products that will definitely work for the colder months, and we’re also happy about it. BeautyFix is filled with amazing products as well but we still didn’t get our hands on them. Overall, we’re very happy with all the boxes this month, and we’re looking forward to more amazing products they will send and improvements that they’ll do!