See our comparisons of the Best Beauty Subscription Boxes over $20!
BOX BASICS: All subscriptions are over $20 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons.
CUSTOMIZATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ships the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
REFERRALS & POINTS: Ipsy offer referral points; redeem points on selected samples in the Ipsy bonus section.
VARIATIONS: All of these boxes also send out multiple subscriber variations – we’re showing what we’ve reviewed here, and we would love to hear your experiences in the comments!
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 1
- Violet Voss Essentials Eyeshadow Palette ($29)
- Moda Pro Brushes 5 Brush Set ($27.95)
- Dr. Brandt Hydro Biotic Recovery Sleeping Mask ($52)
- Hank & Henry Beauty Liquid Liner in Blickity Black ($17)
- Billion Dollar Brows Microblade Effect Brow Pen ($18)
Total Value: About $144
The items from this month’s BOXYCHARM all about the eyes! They included an eyeshadow palette and a set of makeup brushes. It saves you time because you can work on your eye makeup right away as soon as you get your hands on them. The eyeliner and the brow pen are both amazing as well. The design and formula are innovative, making it easier for anyone to complete their look. All in all, it’s a wonderful curation! They did a great job!
Review: BOXYCHARM September 2019 Review
- Get one month FREE when you sign up for a 12-month BoxyCharm subscription! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Get a FREE Gift with Boxycharm - enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Avant Pro Perfecting Collagen Touche Éclat Primer ($104.98)
- Grow Gorgeous Rescue & Repair Shampoo + Conditioner ($10)
- Contour Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick in Juju ($27.17)
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner ($22)
- Tocca Votive Candle in Montauk ($8)
Total Value: About $172.15
GLOSSYBOX keeps getting better month after month! They send products that form one complete routine, like this month’s curation that includes haircare, skincare, and makeup! The primer took the spotlight this month, it has an impressive value (mostly!) justified by its wonderful moisturizing and smoothing properties. All the items are high-quality as well.
Review: GLOSSYBOX September 2019 Review
Deal: See special savings on your subscription - just enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Bkr – Tutu Glass Water Bottle – 500ml
- First Aid Beauty – Ultra Repair Cream – Full Size 2 oz.
- Murad – Night Fix Enzyme Treatment – Deluxe 0.17 oz.
- Vichy – LiftActiv Peptide-C Anti-Aging Moisturizer – Deluxe 15 mL
- Josie Maran – 100% Argan Oil – Deluxe 15 mL
- VERSO – Foaming Cleanser – Deluxe 25 mL
- Alterna – Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture CC Cream – Deluxe 0.85 oz
- Erno Laszlo – Hydraphel Skin Supplement – Deluxe 15 mL
- Tocca – Florence – Deluxe 1.5 mL
Total Value: About $100
This month’s BeautyFIX again included a nice variety of items. This box definitely have common beauty concerns especially for the skin! The box mostly have a total retail value of $100, which is fantastic!
Five full size items from Ipsy
- Ciate London Extraordinary Translucent Powder ($22)
- Glamglow TropicalCleanse Daily Exfoliating Cleanser ($34)
- Illamasqua Antimatter Lipstick in Cosmic ($24.96)
- OFRA Cosmetics OFRA x Madison Miller Squad Palette ($35)
- Wander Beauty Frame Your Face Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe ($21)
Total Value: About $136.96
Ipsy Glambag Plus is jampacked with full-sized beauty and skincare items! This month’s makeup stash includes a brow pencil, a portable palette with highlighter and blush, and a gorgeous lipstick. They even included a translucent makeup setting powder, which prolongs makeup and keeps makeup fresh all day long. This subscription certainly didn’t disappoint with its content and value!
Glossybox offers a complete set of products that can create a daily routine and we love it, so it’s our clear winner for this month! We also love Ipsy as offer useful and new products that we’re happy to try! Boxycharm is all about the eyes and we’re also happy with the products to help us with our beautiful eye make-up, for any occasion! We still didn’t get BeautyFix but as always, it’s pretty jampacked. We really love the competition among these awesome boxes, and we’re always excited to see what improvements they have in the coming months!