It’s the BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX showdown!
BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $21-25 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ship the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 1
- Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water Cloths ($48)
- Luxie GAEA Brush Trio ($30)
- Elemis Superfood Vital Veggie Mask ($35)
- Butter London Natural Goddess Eyeshadow Palette ($32)
- OFRA Liquid Lip in Santorini ($20)
Total Value: About $165
BOXYCHARM has done a great job this month with a nice variation of makeup and skincare. The standouts are the healthy mask and the eyeshadow palette. The mask is packed with green ingredients, making the skin feel smooth and soft minus the adverse effects of chemicals. The eyeshadow palette is high-quality and includes beautiful, wearable colors. The new set of brushes are worth adding to anyone’s vanity as well.
Review: BOXYCHARM July 2019 Review
- Get one month FREE when you sign up for a 12-month BoxyCharm subscription! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Get a FREE Gift with Boxycharm - enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Afterspa Amazing Makeup Remover ($4.61)
- True + Luscious Camera Powder Universal Setting Powder ($29)
- Leighton Denny Miracle Mist ($15.04)
- Oryza Beauty Lipstick in Lido ($19.98)
- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($9.60)
Total Value: About $78.23
This month’s curation is part skincare and part make-up, plus a product for the nails. The camera powder took the spotlight, it’s exactly what you’ll need to keep your makeup fresh all day. The lipstick also comes in a lovely shade. The rest of the items are super useful.
Review: GLOSSYBOX July 2019 Review
Deal: See special savings on your subscription - just enter code on site! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Juice Beauty SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer (2 fl. oz.)
- 100% Pure Bright Eyes Mask (1 pair)
- ARCONA Cranberry Gommage (1 fl. oz.)
- dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse (1 fl. oz.)
- This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up (15 ml)
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Cloths (10 count)
- Bioderma Sensibio Foaming Gel (45 ml)
- Eyeko Yoga Waterproof Mascara (4 ml) or Eyeko Sport Waterproof Mascara (4 ml) (chosen randomly; only 1 per box)
- Amazing Cosmetics AMAZINGCONCEALER® – Medium Beige (0.2 fl. oz.)
- HUM Nutrition Beauty zzZz (3 tablets)
- Juliette Has A Gun Moscow Mule Eau de Parfum (1.7 ml)
Total Value: About $100
This month’s box contains more skin products, and just included several hair and make-up items, like the apple cider hair rinse and the waterproof mascara. For the skin-loving items, there’s a moisturizer, a spa water cloth, and a foaming gel. The box is always jampacked!
Five full size items from Ipsy
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara in Super Black($24)
- HUDA Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette in Bronze Sands ($45)
- Benefit Cosmetics Go Go Tint Cheek & Lip Stain ($30)
- Touch in SOL Pretty Filter Waterful Glow Cream ($38)
- Pixi by Petra Glow Mist ($15)
Total Value: About $152
This month’s box makes a complete routine, from the eyes to cheeks to the lips. They even included a bunch of products to keep your skin glowing, like the cream and mist. The best of them all is the lip and cheek stain. It has a nice color payoff and longevity is also impressive. The items are all full-sized and, most of the time, they complement each other or go well together in one routine!
When it comes to cohesion, Ipsy does the job perfectly! The box included usable products for the eyes, cheeks, and lips, making one complete routine. Boxycharm is a very close competitor, since it included a great combination of make-up and skincare. Although Glossybox is not our top pick, they still fought a good fight with all the nice items they included. As always, BeautyFix is jampacked with items that we have yet to try. This is really an awesome battle between awesome boxes that really care about making us feel and look good!