We have full spoilers for the July 2019 Korean Snack Box! If you order between 6th of May until 5th of June you will get this box. You can now find the previous month box and earlier month’s boxes in the Korean Snack box shop.
The theme this month is GREEN FORESTS BOX.
During summer time in Korea all plants and trees are in full bloom and the entire country is covered in lush green colors. When one thinks of Korea what often comes to mind is the mega city of Seoul with its skyscrapers, shopping malls and modern cityscape. But did you know that the majority of Korea is actually covered in large green forests!
If you ever travelled outside of Seoul you will notice that in a few hours after leaving the metropolitan area the landscape changes and you can see large green forests covering high mountain tops and deep valleys along each side of the road. But as in many countries the forests and its biodiversity of animal and plant species are frail and needs to be taken care of and preserved. In Korea it is the Korea Forest Service that is charge of maintaining the health of our forests. And over the years they have ran several preservation projects amongst other they planted over 10 billion new trees to protect the forest flora and fauna from deforestation. And for every “Green Forests Box” sent out in July part of the proceeds will be donated to Korea Forest Service for their continued work of keeping our beloved forests healthy and beautiful for our future generations.
In this month’s Korean Snack subscription box we packed a collection of snacks to keep you going on your forest hike packaged in beautiful lush green colors.
DEAL: Get $2 off your first subscription box with coupon code HELLOKOREA.
Each box includes:
- Homerun Ball / 홈런볼 초코 (only in the Large box). If you visited Korea during Baseball season you probably seen how excited we get when it’s game time, but did you know that a big part of a baseball game in Korea revolves around food and snacks? Homerun Ball from Haitai is a snack dedicated to our love for baseball and are delicious crunchy puff balls with chocolate filling, delicious! Here is a clip if you want to learn more about Baseball in Korea ^^
- Maigumi Podo / 마이구미 포도. We love the many flavors of jellies from Orion’s Maigumi series and here is the original grape flavor that made so many fall in love with their jelly brand. They are filled with flavor and it’s hard to stop eating!
- Pepero Almond / 빼빼로 아몬드. One of the most popular snacks in Korea is Lotte’s Pepero. They come in many difference flavors and one long time favorite of ours is this Almond flavor with almond crunch in chocolate!
- Chaming Cheese Lemon / 참아이엔지 치즈레몬. A salty cracker from Crown with a delicious combination of cream cheese and lemon which works perfect together for a quick afternoon snack.
- Choco Pie Banana / 초코 파이 바나나. A new flavor of the popular Choco Pies from Orion with a chocolate pie filled with cream and banana jam, it’s one of our favorite flavors so far!
- Bio Fruit Juice Candy 바이오생과즙캔디. A fruit flavored soft candy from Orion made from fresh A grade milk and different fruit juice flavors such as apple, peach and melon!
- Peanut Caramel / 땅콩 카라멜. 땅콩 means peanuts in Korean and these peanut caramels is a long time popular caramel candy with flavor of peanut butter and toffee, mmmmm!
- Bokjumeoni Bag / 복주머니. As always you will get a beautiful traditional Korean silk bag or “Bokjumeoni”. The name Bokjumeoni / 복주머니 translates to “lucky bag” and is said to bring luck to the person carrying or receiving it. The Bokjumeoni is a traditional item in Korean culture and you can use it as a beautiful and original gift bag, or as a decoration in your home, or in your daily life as a pouch or makeup bag.
- In the Large box you will get lots of extra pieces of each item to share and enjoy with your family or friends. You will also get the additional item “Homerun Ball”!