Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
- LUÉ by Jean Seo Erase Cleansing, Exfoliating & Brightening Powder ($15)
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream ($4.37)
- AmorePacific Youth Revolution Radiance Creme & Masque ($23.53)
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Water Face Mist ($5.22)
- Laritzy Cosmetics Lipgloss ($16)
- Model Co EyeLites Metallic Eyeshadow ($12)
Total Value: About $76
This month’s box has a nice assortment of products and it’s also impressive value wise. The facial scrub is a standout because it didn’t have a lot of perfume and it does a great job in making the skin smooth and soft. The makeup products might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the curation is still impressive value wise.
Deal: Get a FREE new member bonus item with your first box! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Skin Chemists Rose Illuminating Glow Hydrogel Eye Pads ($6.36)
- Avant 8-Hour Retexturing and Anti-Oxidant Facial Serum ($113)
- Polaar Northern Lights Smoothing Cream
- Wella Nutri-Enrich Deep Nourishing Mask ($3.36)
- Minetan Gradual Tan Extender
- Mellow Cosmetics Lipliner ($12)
Total Value: About $172
It’s another great box for LF this month! It had a great selection of items, with the hero item definitely being the Avant serum! The tanning product seems suitable as we head into warmer weather, too.
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
- Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen ($11)
- Girlactik Invisible Shadow Primer/Eraser Liner ($17)
- Montblanc Explorer ($1.78)
- Marc Jacobs Eau So Sweet ($1.26)
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser ($3.48)
- Boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal Cleanser ($6) Boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal Cleanser ($6)
- Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum ($16.17)
Total Value: About $57
Macy’s Beauty Box was a delight this month! The beauty bag literally looks fresh and clean with its bright yellow and white color combination, while all of the items in the box fit too. The perfumes smell wonderful while the eyeliner is so easy to apply. Overall, this is really a nice curation for this month!
Again, Look Fantastic keeps the crown for this month! Value-wise and content-wise, the box definitely delivered. It has a great selection of items and we love the Avant serum. Macy’s bag is as sunny as the coming season, and the items are all nice as well. Makeup items from Allure weren’t that thrilling but at least there are still skin care products that are usable. All in all, we love all these boxes as they are giving us a chance to try new and awesome skincare, haircare, and makeup products!