Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
- Rene Furter Paris Style Finish Vegetal Texture Spray ($4.10)
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Finishing Creme ($2.25)
- Vita Liberata Phenomenal Organic Tan Infused Cloths ($6.25)
- Briogeo Farewell Frizz Blow Dry Perfection & Heat Protectant Creme ($4.50)
- Laura Geller Inkcredible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil ($22)
- Luxie 231 Small Tapered Blending Brush ($12)
- Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Mono ($27 listed value)
Total Value: About $59.70
This month’s box is actually not their best for some reason. For one, it includes two products to help control frizz and the self-tanner is not just everybody’s thing although sunscreens would be nice in future boxes. The makeup is for those who can rock the glittery look and the edgy look of the shadow. Only the texture spray and the blending brush are universally usable. This is one of those times that you’d wish Allure has a customization option.
Deal: Get a FREE new member bonus item with your first box! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Grow Gorgeous Back Into the Roots ($7)
- Naobay Recovery Mask
- Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
- Vitamin C Repair Serum
- AHAVA Bath Salts ($11)
- Bellapierre Lipstick ($20)
Total Value: About $65
It’s another great box from LookFantastic since there were a bunch of useful inclusions, including hair care and skin care. There’s even a full-sized AHAVA bath product, as well as a lipstick in a nice rosey red color!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
- Givenchy L’Interdit Eau De Parfum ($1.37)
- Real Her Moisturizing Lipstick in I’ve Got This ($18)
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream ($37.64)
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water ($6.78)
- Grande Mascara Lash Boosting Mascara in Black ($10.71)
- Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus Neck & Chest SPF 25 ($15.13)
Total Value: About $90
Macy’s Beauty Box keeps on improving every month. This month, they included an anti-aging cream and a makeup remover which are must-haves in keeping your skin looking fresh and fabulous. The perfume sample is fantastic as well and the lipstick shade is gorgeous. Getting a nice variety of skincare and makeup items like this is really worth the $15 price!
Look Fantastic takes the top spot this month! Macy’s Beauty Box is a really close second, and we love the fact that they’re consistently improving. Although it’s not Allure Beauty Box’s best month, we’re still looking forward to what they can offer in the coming months. Overall, the competition is getting more intense and we can’t help but be happy because it means more awesome products to try!