It’s the BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX showdown!
BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $21-25 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ship the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask ($24 – 2 pack)
- Starlooks Professional Cosmetics Luxe Longwear Gem Eye Pencils ($19)
- Rainforest Of The Sea Limited-Edition Highlighting Eyeshadow Palette Vol. III($36)
- Briogeo Leave-In Mask ($14)
- OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick ($20)
Box Variation # 3
Total Value: About $115
This month’s regular BOXYCHARM has a mix of makeup and skincare goodies as usual. The Tarte eyeshadow palette took the spotlight because of its beautiful colors. The disclaimer is also true, the liquid lipstick did appear like it was a different shade from the website. It became a sweet berry shade instead of the dark brown shade expected. Still, it’s a good curation overall with a total of $115 in product this month!
Review: BOXYCHARM January 2019 Review
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Sleek Makeup Highlighter Palette in Distorted Dreams ($14.99)
- Zea Beauty Wipes ($1.26)
- Kocostar Lemon Slice Mask ($7.22)
- Avant Skincare Deluxe Hyaluronic Acid Vivifying Face & Eye Night Cream ($120)
- Differin Adapalene Gel 1.0% Acne Treatment ($16.99)
Total Value: About $160.46
The contents of January GLOSSYBOX are all usable, especially the night cream, the acne solution, and the face wipes. The face mask was a fun addition too and the highlighting palette is great. For $21, it was amazing that included a night cream worth $120! Such a sweet deal!
Review: GLOSSYBOX January 2019 Review
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Rene Furterer – Naturia Dry Shampoo ($28, Full-size)
- Avene – Thermal Spring Water ($18.50, Full-size)
- SmartFX – The Original SmartLash Eyelash Enhancer ($29.95, Full-size)
- SkinMedica – HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator
- REN SKINCARE – Glow Daily Vitamin C Gel Cream
- La Roche-Posay – Lipikar Balm AP+ Body Cream for Extra Dry Skin
- skyn ICELAND – Arctic Hydration Rubberizing Mask with Vitamin C
- Klorane – Shampoo with Mango Butter
- HUM Nutrition – Daily Cleanse
**NOTE – BKR water bottle NOT IN THE BOX
Total Value: About $100
The BeautyFIX January 2019 contains more skincare products, and some are also vitamin-C enriched, like the REN Skincare gel cream and the skyn ICELAND rubberizing mask. There are also some hair care products that you can add to your routine, a natural dry shampoo, and the Klorane shampoo.
GLOSSYBOX won this month with all the night care products, but all the boxes started the year great! BOXYCHARM still never failed to charm us with this month’s curation that has a mix of skincare and makeup goodies. We again missed BeautyFIX! The January box is full and looking good, and it made us sad that we were not able to receive it, and we hope to be able to receive a box again next time. Overall, it’s a great competition for these three and we love it!