Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
- Amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask ($12)
- Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum ($22.66)
- NCLA Nail Lacquer in Call My Agent ($16)
- OUAI Haircare Scalp & Body Scrub ($4.31)
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Tumeric Face Oil ($40)
- Doucce Relentless Matte Lip Crayon in Winterberry ($22)
- Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra ($25)
Total Value: About $141.97
This month’s box is wonderful. There was a nice variety of products and the bonus nail polish alone was worth more than the price paid for the box. The face oil and especially the hair conditioner are definitely useful!
Deal: Get a FREE new member bonus item with your first box! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
- Vitamasques Marine Gold Dust Mask ($7.72)
- Popbands Hair Elastics ($9, similar linked)
- Dr Pawpaw Balm ($9)
- Swell Protect and Renew Serum ($25.90 for 50ml)
- Bellepierre Banana Setting Powder ($35)
- First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer ($12.35)
Total Value: About $90
The January box started the year off with an awesome bang. All of the items are great, and it included four full sized items. Hopefully, they will keep up this high value and curation for 2019!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
- TonyMoly I’m Lemon Gel Eye Patch ($4)
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau De Toilette Spray ($1.22)
- Kiehl’s Since 1851 Glow Formula Skin Hydrator ($3.80)
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion ($9.88)
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator ($4.56)
- Philosophy Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Worker + Line Correcting Primer ($10.13)
Total Value: About $34
The glam bag is all about pampering the skin to start the new year right! This box included a lot of moisturizers from different brands to try. However, charging shipping to use the coupon is insulting. With that change, this should really be a $10 subscription, unless you really must get your hands on full sizes of the brands that Macy’s carries.
What a great start of the year for these three boxes! Allure again nailed it! Value-wise, it’s the clear winner, while the contents of the box are all spectacular. The other two boxes also sent fantastic and high-quality items. The Macy’s glam bag was great with its skin-loving inclusions. For LF, they sent full-sized items and that alone is wonderful. We hope that they’ll be consistent in sending out awesome products, and definitely, there’ll be no complaints from us, only love!