It’s the BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX showdown!
BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $21-25 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ship the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
BeautyFIX ($24.95 per month!)
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Dermstore – Lip Quench Sheer Tints in Red Delicious or Orchid Berry
- R+Co – WATERFALL Moisture + Shine Lotion
- Erno Laszlo – Hydraphel Skin Supplement
- Bioderma – Hydrabio Serum
- Neostrata – Skin Active Cellular Restoration
- beautyblender – beautyblender original SAMPLE
- Supersmile – Mini-Deluxe Professional Whitening System
- REN Clean Skincare – Overnight Recovery Balm ($8)
- Murad Renewing Eye Cream ($22.4)
Total Value: About $111.46
This month’s box contains mostly skin care products, and they also included a teeth whitening system. The Recovery Balm and Cellular Restoration from Neostrata are great additions to a skin care routine!
BOXYCHARM ($21 per month!)
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation # 3
- Pretty Vulgar The Powder Room Translucent Setting Powder ($32)
- Cosmedix Detox Activated Charcoal Mask ($27)
- Tarte Tarteist Shimmering Lip Paint ($20)
- Bodyography Heatherberry Lip Pencil ($12 Full-Size 0.04 oz.)
- Suva Beauty Protege Palette ($34)
Total Value: About $125
This month’s regular BOXYCHARM has mostly included makeup infused with vitamins and healthy ingredients. The most interesting items are the eye palette that can create cool looks, and the combination of lip pencil and shimmering lip paint. It’s about $125 worth of products as promised, which is way more than the price of the subscription.
Review: BOXYCHARM December 2018 Review
GLOSSYBOX ($21 per month!)
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Luna By Luna Translucent Powder ($22)
- Copper + Crane Radiance Mask ($45)
- BECCA Liquid Crystal Lip Topper Glow Gloss ($11)
- Kaleido Cosmetics Astrolight Highlighter ($17)
- Jafra Royal Luxury Lipstick in Spiced Plum ($16)
Total Value: About $111
The contents of December GLOSSYBOX fit the season well. I love that they fit my purse so I can use them for party touchups wherever I go. The box retails at about $111, and it’s great to get it for just $21! ‘Tis the season to doll up and I’m glad Glossybox has got me covered!
Review: GLOSSYBOX December 2018 Review
BOXYCHARM did it again this month, value-wise and content-wise! They sent makeup items infused with vitamins and healthy ingredients, which is really helpful in taking good care of the skin. GLOSSYBOX also did their best by sending out really useful makeup items for the season, and they are really convenient and handy too. We miss BeautyFIX! The December box looks promising, and we’re sad that we’re not able to try it. Overall, the boxes had a close fight, and we’re lucky to be able to try their great offerings!