Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Carolina Herrera Good Girl Légère Eau De Parfum ($3.40)
- MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara ($24 Full-Size)
- Rituals The Ritual Of Sakura Sensational Foaming Shower Gel ($15)
- Smashbox Always On Metallic Matte Liquid Lip In Maneater ($24 Full-Size – $6)
- Borghese Radiante Revitalize And Firm Mask ($14.71)
- Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream ($13.20)
Total Value: About $55
The glam bag focuses on showing how to make skin glow for the holidays. The sequined pouch is also perfect for the season. The value of this month is harder to estimate because of the lack of sizes on the mascara and the lipstick, but going with around $55 seems about right. This is pretty awesome considering the coupon got bumped to $10 this month!
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Bliss The Real Peel Brighten Peel-Off Mask ($15)
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelette ($0.40)
- NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Cabaret Show ($7)
- LA Splash Art-ki-tekt Waterproof Slim Eyeliner ($14)
- The Nubian by Juvia’s Eyeshadow Palette ($10?)
- Ofra Cosmetics/NIKKIETUTORIALS Everglow Highlighter ($35)
Total Value: About $81.40
This month’s box has a cool assortment of products! It included new makeup products to create festive looks for the holidays. The wipes are awesome because you can use it to remove layers of makeup before bed. What an amazing deal for only $15!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- Model Co Karl Lagerfeld Eyebrow Pencil ($22)
- thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray ($3.86)
- Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox ($8.94)
- Lookfantastic Exclusive Beauty Sponge ($6?)
- Dr. Botanicals Pomegranate Superfood Brightening Eye Serum ($25.50)
- Illamasqua Mini Hydra Veil ($8.4)
Total Value: About $69
It’s another great box as it features moisturizing products that are perfect for the winter season. The primer definitely takes the spotlight. Most of the primers are either tacky and dry but this one is a keeper. This month is a winner – even though the beauty sponge was a bit of a filler!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
All three boxes this month considered the cold and drying weather, as they included moisturizing items! Allure is the winner value-wise because they were able to incorporate new makeup products, skin care aids, and the fantastic makeup removing towelette in the curation. The other two boxes are also fantastic when it comes to product quality and some items are from most loved brands too! The boxes are keeping up with each other, and that means great products from each of them! A big win for all of us!