Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- It Cosmetics Superhero Liner ($6.54)
- Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum ($2)
- Dior Sauvage Eau De Parfum ($1.53)
- Shiseido Modern Matte Powder Lipstick ($14.85)
- Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly Mini ($5)
- The Rituals Of Ayurveda Balancing Body Cream ($10.26)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Iconic Primer Stick ($32 Full Size 0.31 oz.)
- Wacoal B-Fitting Bikini ($15)
Total Value: About $63
The glam bag is great considering its spacious size, practical use, and durable quality. This month, they have inclided have a wide range of items from skin care products to makeup to lingerie. There are no fillers as all items can be used and are necessities. There’s about $63 value in this month’s box, which makes this one of the highest value we’ve seen yet from this subscription!
Of Note: This month had a $5 coupon for Macy’s Beauty! It had the unadvertised minimum of $10 this month, so that was again a bummer.
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Starskin Magic Hour Foot Mask Socks ($15)
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask ($8)
- Pearl Brightening Skin Mask ($5)
- Patchology Flashpatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels ($3)
- Kocostar Rose Lip Mask ($4)
- GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment ($25)
- Invisibobble Hair Ring in Meow & Ciao ($7.95)
- Anthropologie Coupon: $10 gift toward full-price beauty purchase of $50+
Total Value: About $67.95
This month’s box is for face mask fans! It may be a miss for those who are not, but the foot mask was really exciting and that alone is the same as the price paid for the box. It’s like getting the other items as a bonus! Altogether, the items had a value of around $67.95!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- Mellow Cosmetics Liquid Precision Eyeliner in Black ($18)
- Bubble T Dark Wonder Bath Bomb ($6)
- REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream (15 ml) ($14.40)
- Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel (15 ml) ($13.50)
- Contour Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick (about $12 for Lip Contour Kit on sale, we’ll go with $10)
- Laura Geller Baked Gelato Gilded Honey Highlighter ($26)
Total Value: About $75
It’s another great selection of products and this time Look Fantastic made sure that holiday makeup needs are covered. There’s even a hydrating skin care product, as the cold days are already here. All in all, getting this box for just $22 is a really sweet deal – the total value was nearly $75!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
Consistency is definitely the key, and these three boxes are keeping it up. Like the previous months’ boxes, the competition among these three is just getting more interesting and fun. Macy’s selection is great, but Allure and Lookfantastic aren’t backing out without a good fight. We definitely love these boxes because of the value and quality they give is simply the best!