Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Girlactik New Precise Marker Eye Liner ($20)
- Eternity For Men Eau De Toilette ($0.96)
- Calvin Klein Women Eau De Parfum ($2.02)
- Lancome Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara ($4.54)
- Bareminerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer ($9.50)
- Estee Lauder New Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex Synchronized Recovery ($12.40)
- Philosophy New Purity Eye Gel ($4.80)
Total Value: About $52.20
This month’s box focused on products that can be used around the eye area, where signs of aging and even lack of rest and sleep are most evident. It would have been nicer if there’s something like an eyeshadow palette, but getting everything for $15 with a total retail of about $52.20 is already great. Hopefully, they’d also get more consistent with that coupon code!
Of Note: This month had a $5 coupon for Macy’s Beauty! It had the unadvertised minimum of $10 this month, so that was again a bummer.
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- BKR Paris Water Balm ($7.70)
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser ($7)
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($6)
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment ($17.50)
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara ($10.55)
- Caudalie Skin Perfecting Serum ($16.17)
- Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Matte Liquid Lip Stain ($18.80)
Total Value: About $83.72
The October 2018 Allure Beauty Box is amazing! It was heavy on skin care this month, and even included two cool makeup items to add some beauty punches. Favorites are the cleanser, moisturizer, and the lip stain. The other items rounded out the box nicely and the value was there too – around $83.72! Really impressive!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- Ahava Mineral Body Lotion ($4.64)
- Monuskin Night Renewal Complex ($35.70)
- Talika Bubble Detox Mask ($7.95)
- Dr Lipp Elderberry Tint ($9.25)
- Prai Ageless Throat and Decolletage Cream ($5.70)
- Pixi Beauty Beach Rose Blush
Total Value: About $70-80
LookFantastic was a very fun box to open and go through despite the duplicate items this month. It featured some popular brands and products!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
Like the previous months, the competition among these three boxes is getting more and more intense! Each box has something great to offer, and it’s really a great advantage for us. Macy’s theme this month is awesome, as it focuses on care around the eye area. There’s also Allure’s skin-centric curation, and LF’s favorite brand feats! These three boxes don’t disappoint, and we love their competitiveness by sending us great products!