It’s the BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX showdown!
BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $21-25 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ship the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
BeautyFIX ($24.95 per month!)
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion ($79)
- Laura Geller Pout Perfection Waterproof Lip Liner – Spice or Nude ($18)
- Harry Josh Mini Detangling Brush ($9.60)
- Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel ($8.50)
- Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel ($8.82)
- Juice Beauty GREEN APPLE Cleansing Bar ($3)
- Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Blackberry ($4.12)
- VENeffect Micro-Exfoliant ($5.82)
- Skyn ICELAND Blemish Dots (1 sheet/12 patches) ($20)
Total Value: About $145
Always a great, high value box! We love the mini hairbrush and the big Dr. Brandt! But, if you’re not a fan, over half the value of the box is in that one product.
Review: BeautyFIX September 2018 Full Spoilers– no review this month.
BOXYCHARM ($21 per month!)
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
Box Variation #1
- The Ojitos Brush Trio by Alamar Cosmetics ($18)
- Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten ($28)
- Pretty Vulgar Nightingale Smokey Eyeshadow Palette ($35)
- Violet Voss Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick In Wasted ($12)
- Butter London Cosmetics Stroke Wow Roll On Precision Liner (not included if you upgraded to the Luxe box)
Total Value: About $93
This month’s regular BOXYCHARM curation is really impressive, and the BoxyLuxe upgrade made it more phenomenal. They made sure that everything is covered, from face to even the skin. For this box, instead of the Lorac PRO Liquid Lippie (from box variation #1), there was the Violet Voss Cosmetics Liquid lippie. Also, the Butter London item was not included in the Luxe box, it’s really a bummer as the item really looks nice! Still, everything is useful! Also, the BoxyLuxe upgrade is a big win for a minimal quarterly upgrade price!
Review: For September, we upgraded our regular BOXYCHARM to BoxyLuxe (you can read the review here). BoxyLuxe contains all the items from one of the variations except for one, and adds additional luxury items in a quarterly upgrade for an upcharge of $28.99 on your existing box once per quarter.
GLOSSYBOX ($21 per month!)
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Moodmatcher Twist Stick Lip Color
- Stylondon Palette in Eaton Square
- Context Micro-Derm Regenerator
- Lapcos Charcoal Daily Skin Mask
- Wild Garden Pretty And Wild Body Lotion
- Freeman PSSSST! Original Dry Shampoo
Total Value: About $45
The Glossybox this month was a fun month, but missed the mark on value compared to other boxes in this price range.
Review: September 2018 GLOSSYBOX Full Spoilers – no review this month.
BOXYCHARM is really impressive as the curation consists of products that made sure everything is covered, from face to the skin, and the upgrade to Boxyluxe is just fantastic! We were not able to review the other boxes but just by looking at the spoilers, it seems like they’re promising boxes as well.