It’s the BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX showdown!
BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs GLOSSYBOX
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $21-25 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX typically ship the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
BeautyFIX ($24.95 per month!)
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro-Cool Firming Eye Gels ($3.75)
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (97¢)
- Hum Nutrition Tahitian Vanilla Beauty Food ($1.28)
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer ($70)
- Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Wash (95¢)
- The Organic Pharmacy Enzyme Peel Mask ($9.87)
- Tammy Fender Intensive Repair Balm ($38.23 using ounces, $52.55 using g)
- Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream ($11.73)
Total Value: About $137
This month’s BeautyFIX really impressed us with the variety and quality of the items included this month. The total value is about $137 and nothing actually seemed weirdly overpriced – it was just pure value. This is the ideal box to start any beauty routine! It’s one great avenue to test out luxury products without breaking the bank!
Review: BeautyFIX April 2018 Review
BOXYCHARM ($21 per month!)
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
- Adesse New York High Definition Liquid Lipstick In Haute Cocoa ($24)
- Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Liquid Highlighter In Sparkler ($29)
- You Had Me At Hello ColourPop Palette ($18)
- Dr. Brandt- Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner Purifying Mask ($42)
- The BrowGal Instatint Eyebrow Gel ($22)
Total Value: About $135
This month’s BOXYCHARM focused on makeup and we’re not complaining. There was a palette with versatile colors, as well as a liquid highlighter. The rest is just as practical for everyday use. The only skincare item we received this month is the purifying mask, which is not bad either! And with a total retail value of $135, getting everything for $21 is a sure win!
Review: BOXYCHARM April 2018 Review
GLOSSYBOX ($21 per month!)
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Towelettes ($3.99)
- Karl Lagerfeld + Model Co Baked Blush Rose Beige ($44)
- Tonya Crooks The BrowGal Eyebrow Pencil ($23)
- Rituals Foaming Shower Gel ($3.75)
- Oolution Eye Love Eye Contour ($38 Full Size .5oz. on card – about $30 from the manufacturer’s site)
Total Value: About $105
Getting everything for $21 is absolutely fantastic, as the total retail value of the box is about $105. Really an awesome deal! This month, they sent multipurpose products: the brow pencil and the blush. The Karl Lagerfeld blush definitely stole the show!
Review: April 2018 GLOSSYBOX Review
Value-wise, it’s a tie between BIRCHBOX and BOXYCHARM. However, we still got some fantastic items from GLOSSYBOX so it’s really almost a truce between the three! For Glossybox, they included multipurpose items which are amazing, Beautyfix gave a great deal of skin-loving items, while Birchbox supplied a wide variety of make-up items. Every box has wonderful stuff to offer, and the variety is awesome too. I just love these $20+ boxes, they are all great because they always include high-quality items and well-known brands!