Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization options for these boxes. Everyone typically receives the exact same items, although sometimes Allure Beauty Box has variations.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Believe in your #selfie Makeup Bag
- Tony Moly I’m Real Rose Vitalizing Sheet Mask ($3)
- Coach Fragrance Floral Eau De Parfum ($3.48)
- Tarte Fake Awake Eye Highlight ($10)
- Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Samples + Mini Brush (~$7 – each of these samples are 0.3g)
- Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Fix ($13.60)
- It! Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser ($3.36)
Total Value: About $41
This subscription always includes a cute bag plus a $5 coupon, and that’s already a big advantage. This month’s curation is definitely in our list of favorites because it included Dior lip balms which were really worth sampling, even if they were tiny!
Of Note: Includes $5 coupon for Macy’s Beauty
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Youth to the People Age Prevention Superfood Cream ($12)
- Juice Beauty Liquid Lip In Gwyneth ($6.86)
- Cle Cosmetics Highlighter Cushion In Glinting Buff ($30)
- SkinFix Lip Repair Balm Minty Mint Flavor ($14.79)
- Tarte tarteist Lash Paint Mascara ($15)
Total Value: About $78.65
Allure always sends a nice variety of products, and even though this box had several makeup items, they all served very different purposes and they were put together perfectly. We’re so pleased with the brands that Allure sends each month, too!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- FILORGA MESO-MASK ($16.95)
- Elemis Marine Pro Collagen Marine Cream ($45)
- Bellapierre Shimmer Roll Champagne (about $8.33)
- Dr. PawPaw Original Balm ($10)
- Trifle Cosmetics Sugar Pear Scrub ($17.95)
- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum ($16.33)
Total Value: About $114.56
Our favorites from the February box were definitely the two lip products. The scrub and balm are great winter rescue items. The skincare items are also really good, and Lookfantastic continues to impress with their focus on introducing me to UK and European brands.
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
Every box we received this month was awesome! Macy’s has been recently doing a good job in keeping up with other beauty boxes, while we appreciate that Lookfantastic came to the rescue for winter lip issues! However, Allure is still clearly the winner because of the variety and quality of the items they send. That being said, the battle of these three gorgeous boxes is getting exciting and we’re looking forward for next month’s offerings!