Macy’s Beauty Box vs Allure Beauty Box vs Lookfantastic
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $15 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes.
Macy’s Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- Macy’s Face The Facts Cosmetic Bag
- Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster ($11.39)
- LANCÔME Énergie de Vie Water-Infused Moisturizing Cream ($16.15)
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask ($4.05)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($6.95)
- Strivectin Multi-Action Stress Defense Hydrating Water Gel ($12.14)
- YSL Black Opium Eau De Parfum ($3.36)
Total Value: About $54
This subscription includes a cute bag plus the $5 coupon, and this month had a $54 value – way better than the past months! I actually loved getting 2 water gels but I think it’s time for the Smashbox primer to end its “be in every box” route.
Of Note: Includes $5 coupon for Macy’s Beauty
Allure Beauty Box ($15 per month!)
- KORRES Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial ($24.18)
- Eau Thermal Avene A-Oxitive Antioxidant Defense Serum ($7.33)
- KAT VON D Saint Eau de Parfum ($6.50)
- Pureology Hydrate Air Dry Cream ($5.60)
- Beauty For Real I-Line 24-7 Eyeliner in Whiskey ($14)
- Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Foam Conditioner ($1.41)
Total Value: About $59.02
A really great full size liner in this box plus the KORRES mask makes this a super winner for the price! It’s getting hard to beat this box at $15 per month!
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
- Skimono Hand Mask ($9)
- Coconut Coffee Bean Scrub ($3)
- Lancer The Method Polish ($9)
- Monuskin Firming Face Oil ($29)
- ModelCo Instant Radiance ($14)
- Ciate Wonderwand Mascara ($10?)
Total Value: About $74?
This box always has interesting products you might not see anywhere else! A really nice mix of skincare products (including Lancer!) plus two cosmetics!
Of Note: While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
Happy Birthday Lookfantastic! Looks like Allure has you beat again, but if you’re looking for a total monthly surprise, Look Fantastic is a unique choice. Macy’s is improving – but still missing a wow factor unless you’re a beauty bag addict.