It’s the BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs Lookfantastic vs GLOSSYBOX showdown!
BeautyFIX vs BOXYCHARM vs Lookfantastic vs GLOSSYBOX
BOX BASICS: All four subscriptions are about $21-25 per month, so it’s easy to draw comparisons. All three of these beauty boxes also ship out 4-9 samples.
CUSTOMIZATION & VARIATION: There aren’t really any customization for these boxes. BeautyFIX & Lookfantastic typically ship the same box to everyone. BOXYCHARM & GLOSSYBOX ship variations to subscribers.
BeautyFIX ($24.95 per month!)
Typically skin & hair focused, with less makeup. A good mix of a couple full-sized products & sample sizes of pricier products.
- Juice Beauty GREEN APPLE Age Defy Moisturizer ($48)
- Alterna CC Cream 10-in 1 Complete Correction Leave-In Hair Treatment ($10.34)
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels – Smile Line Patches ($4.38)
- Veneffect Anti-Aging Lip Treatment ($25)
- Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Cream ($15.51)
- Honest Beauty Magic Balm ($18)
- 100% Pure Pomegranate Oil Anti-aging Lipstick in Poppy ($29)
- LaDefense Urban Protect Daily Moisturizer ($16)
- LaDefense Urban Protect Detox Masque ($2.88)
Total Value: About $169
Total Products: 8 (LaDefense came as a set)
Full Size Products: 3
Travel Size: 1
Review: BeautyFIX April 2017 Review
BOXYCHARM ($21 per month!)
Typically includes a palette every month – whether it’s eyeshadow, concealer, contouring, or something else! This is the box for makeup lovers that want to do a full face!
- OFRA Cosmetics Highlighter in Rodeo Drive ($35)
- Cargo Cosmetic Lip Gloss ($16)
- Project Beauty Hairgurt Strawberry Banana Smoothing Yogurt Shampoo ($10)
- PUR The Complexion Authority Blend Squad: 3-Piece Contour Blending Sponge Set ($36)
- Measurable Difference The Diamond Collection 16 Color Pro Concealer Palette ($20)
Total Value: About $117
Total Products: 5
Full Size Products: 5
Review: BOXYCHARM April 2017 Review
Lookfantastic Beauty Box (~$22 per month!)
While this box is $22 per month it has free worldwide shipping and if you subscribe to a year you’ll get it at $15 per month (plus you don’t have to pay upfront!). Always a mini Elle magazine plus a nice mix of UK beauty brands. Sizes are smaller but if you don’t live in the US & are willing to pay for a year upfront, this is a great choice!
- Pomegranate Sheet Mask ($4 each)
- Madara Fine Line Minimizing Cream ($18)
- Caviar CC Cream Hair Perfector ($11)
- Omorovicza Cleansing Foam ($9)
- Perfect Legs Skin Miracle ($4)
- Merci Handy Hand Cleansing Gel ($3)
- Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Foundation ($6)
Total Value: About $55
Total Products: 7
Full Size Products: 0
Travel Size: 7 (we count single sheet masks as a travel size)
GLOSSYBOX ($21 per month!)
Comes in a beautifully wrapped box which usually includes five deluxe-sized beauty products and wellness samples.
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator ($5.67)
- ColourPOP Ultra Matte Lip in Tuesday and Airplane Mod ($6.00 each)
- Doucce Maxlash Volumizer Mascara ($22.00)
- Ciao Eau de Parfum by Vince Camuto ($20?)
- Aromafloria For Feet’s Sake Intense Repair Spa Foot Butter ($4.00)
- Mystery Shampoo and Conditioner ($2?) – Head & Shoulders
Total Value: About $65
Total Products: 8
Full Size Products: 3
Travel Size: 5
Review: April 2017 GLOSSYBOX Review
Brandy: BOXYCHARM & BeautyFIX are nearly always going to win this showdown on value! BOXYCHARM wins hands down for makeup (and 5 full-sized products), but the other boxes had some great goodies too. I especially liked the lipstick & natural skincare goodies in BeautyFIX!
Valerie: I prefer LookFantastic — you can’t beat the free worldwide shipping and I love that the products are almost always from the UK and Europe, even brands that haven’t made it to Sephora yet. I’ve been introduced to more than a few holy grail products through LookFantastic. April’s value was on the lower side for them, but of the three I would have chosen LF over the other two. BeautyFIX was all all anti-aging skincare (and even included the same CC hair protector as LF) and BoxyCharm only included 5 items this month.