The Sephora Sun Safety Kit for 2016 is now available to purchase! This kit is $32 ($127 value) and is available now in SOME Sephora stores (call first!). Note that the Sun Safety kit does sell out, so if you want it, now is a good time to grab it. Before you check out, grab a free gift. Sephora free gift with purchase coupons change regularly – check them all out here!
Sephora works with The Skin Cancer Foundation for the Sun Safety kit and even donates $20 from each sale to the Foundation.
Here’s a quick peek at everything in the sun safety kit! So many goodies! Let’s check them out!
This set contains:
- St. Tropez Tanning Essentials In-Shower Gradual Tan This Allure Best of Beauty Winner is a self tanner that you use in the shower. Made with DHA and almond oil to nourish the skin, Sephora recommends using it daily to develop an even deeper tan. I don’t use self tanners, so I’ll be gifting this to a friend. Still, I think it’s a nice inclusion for those who care about sun safety while still longing for the sun soaked look.
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 This primer has a soft, round floral scent. It’s also an effective anti-aging treatment that delivers clear SPF 30 protection for days out on the town. It leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. This vegan, hypoallergenic product was produced without parabens, sulfates or phthalates.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 in Rosé This moisturizing lip balm and sunscreen has a gorgeous yet subtle hue. As someone who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup, this was perfect for me! I can certainly tell why it’s an Allure Best of Beauty winner. I’m going to try to pick up more of it the next time I’m at Sephora.
- Shisheido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wetforce For Face/Body This sunscreen has a gorgeous scent, and it worked well even on a hot Texas summer day! I reapplied after two hours and had no problems. What’s especially cool about this sunscreen is that it actually works best when exposed to either water for 15 minutes or sweat for 30 minutes. In other words, it’s a great choice for those engaging in outdoor sports or water activities.
- Supergoop Defense Refreshing Mist SPF50 This setting mist with rosemary delivers SPF 50 sun protectiotn while controlling the oil on one’s face and providing a matte finish to makeup. It smells like a mouthwash, with strong notes of rosemary and mint. Produced without parabens or sulfates, this is the ideal SPF solution for women who wear a lot of makeup.
- Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 This sunscreen has a slight citrus scent, which I enjoyed very much. As it’s listed as SPF 30, I used it on my arms where I could visually manage my sunscreen needs. I didn’t have any issues with it, even at an outside party. I reapplied after two hours. In addition to protecting skin from the sun, this formulation also hydrates and provides anti-aging benefits to skin. It has been tested by dermatologists, is vegan and hypoallergenic.
- Coola Makeup Setting Spray This makeup setting spray with SPF 30 is made from 70% certified organic ingredients! Produced without sulfates, parabens or phthalates, this cruelty-free product is another great choice for women who wear makeup and desire an easy SPF treatment on the go. Its aloe vera and cucumber soothe the skin while hyaluronic acid moisturizes, tones and softens skin.
- Dr. JART+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 This was the first product (besides the self tanner) that had a definite color to it. When you apply it, it looks like foundation. The sample comes in light-medium, which blended in perfectly with my skin tone. This moisturizer/serum/sunscreen combination is an all-in-one treatment that minimizes imperfections and evens out skin tone. It works well under makeup or in lieu of it.
- Boscia BB Cream SPF 27 PA++ This is another tinted product. It claims to provide an oil-free self-adjusting shade for all skin types, but honestly, the color didn’t blend into my skin as well as the Dr. Jart+ did above. Produced without parabens, sulfates or phthalates, this treatment, like the Dr. Jart+, is intended to provide great coverage while hydrating, firming, smoothing and protecting the skin.
- Algenist Sublime Defense Anti-Aging Blurring Moisturizer SPF 30 This whipped moisturizer is a beautiful pink and has gorgeous, soft, floral notes. It reminds me of what it smells like walking through the perfume section of the Norwegian shops in Epcot at Walt Disney World. Designed to protect skin from air pollution and UV damage, this moisturizer would make a great base layer for daily use.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 This hydrating, antioxidant-rich sunscreen had a slight scent, one of clay with hints of fruit. This worked well, even when playing in a splash pad. It’s noncomedogenic and was produced without parabens, sulfates or phthalates.
- Kate Somerville Daily Deflector Waterlight Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++ Anti-Aging Sunscreen This was one of the three products that arrived with a seal. This one was so well-sealed that after I thought I had unpealed the seal, I still had to find a pen to pierce the center to get the product out! Once I did, the product looked and smelled like a typical sunscreen, albeit one that moisturizes and provides anti-aging benefits at the same time! This was made without parabens, sulfates or phthalates.
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion Although this too looked and smelled like a typical sunscreen, it’s actually an antioxidant-rich sunscreen and hydrator in one.
- Clarins Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 50 This sunscreen had no discernible scent and worked really well. I’d recommend this for people who are sensitive to scents. Designed to provide protection from the sun’s rays, pollution and free radicals, this is a great everyday sunscreen.
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen This noncomedogenic, cruelty-free formulation is free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates. It’s water resistant for 80 minutes. It doesn’t have any scent to speak of, which makes it great for people with sensitive skin.
Overall, I was really pleased with this kit! It contains loads of products that my family will enjoy using throughout the summer in the hot Texas heat. I love that the products come in sample sizes–they’re perfect for throwing into my purse and forgetting about them (until I need them, of course!).
Are you grabbing a Sephora Sun Safety kit?