StitchyBox is a bi-monthly subscription box for counted thread embroiderers and cross-stitchers! There are two options – the Big Picture Box and the Detail-Oriented Box. With both styles you’ll receive a variety of threads, from staples like DMC to specialty threads you may not have met yet, and embellishments, stitching accessories and other goodies! They also have a “Just the Threads” subscription for anyone who is a fiber fiend! This subscription no longer comes in an actual box and ships in a little mailer, which I prefer!
Everything in this month’s shipment was neatly packaged with gold polka dot and navy blue stripe bags.
With the Big Picture Box choose
- 2 Fat 16ths (one 14-16 count Aida, one 28-32 count linen OR evenweave – your choice) OR
- 1 Fat 8th (Aida, linen or evenweave).
With the Detail-Oriented Box pick
- 2 Fat 16ths (one 32-36 count linen, one 40 count linen) OR
- Select 1 Fat 8th (either 32-36 count linen or 40 count linen)
The first box I received was a Detail-Oriented Box, but I had to switch my subscription because the linen was just too high of a count for my old eyes.
The information card gives a bit of details about each item, plus info about the supply shop (you can buy more of what you love, but usually only for a limited time – supplies are sometimes hand-dyed just for this box).
This month the inspiration was drawn from Monet’s Water Lilies.
The first bag I opened had my embellishments. It included the following items:
- Laser-Cut 20-Hole Bamboo Buttons
- Two-Toned Amethyst Glass Butterfly Focal Bead
- Copper-Lined Teal 11/0 Seed Beads
- Crystal Pink 11/0 Seed Beads
- Teal Flower Glass Focal Beads
- Glass Pearl Beads – 2mm Champagne (some subscribers received Navy)
I thought the colors and the feel went amazingly well with the themes! FYI you can see the theme for the next Stitchy Box here.
I don’t really recall doing it but in my last review I mentioned I might switch to one fat eighth (vs 2 fat 16ths) – so I must have! I believe this is a Wichelt evenweave but I don’t know the color or the shop that it came from, so that was a little disappointing, but I’m sure I could ask.
Here’s another photo of it with a tad of the white card in it to improve the colors. Great variation on the dying.
- And the fibers! I was really bummed this morning because I was going to pick up more of the Valdani, but they’re all sold out – they had an entire collection!
- Silk N Colors Forget Me Nots (Thread Gatherer) ($7.95)
- Odonata – Exclusive Colorway (Gentle Arts) ($2.40)
- Kreinik Silk Mori 5016 1/2 Skein ($2.60)
- Valdani Cotton Floss – Muddy Monet Collection In Sweet Violets & Nantucket Rose ($3 Each)
I definitely feel ready for some spring WIPs with my items – what about you?
It’s a bit difficult to estimate the value of this subscription, but I think it comes in at just above the monthly cost. I think it’s an excellent sampling subscription because you can actually use everything in a project, not just sample it, but it gives you some nice exposure to different colors and artisans! Plus there are amazing OOAK fibers dyed just for this subscription.
The Description: Each themed box contains two cuts of stitching fabric along with a variety of threads and embellishments to get your creative juices flowing.
The Price: $36.50 per month
The Categories: Crafts, DIY, & Hobby Subscription Boxes, Fiber Crafting Subscription Boxes. Subscription Boxes for Cross-Stitchers, Subscription Boxes for Embroiderers.
The Reviews: See all our StitchyBox Reviews.
The Spoilers: Check out all our StitchyBox Spoilers