Taste Guru is a subscription box full of gluten-free items. They contacted me recently about reviewing them again (it’s been about a year). They are under completely new management, with a new price point. Right now when you subscribe to Taste Guru for one year you can pick up 3 bonus items:
- The Gluten Free Companion Guide – A 64 page full-color recipe book.
- Taste Guru Tote Bag – An eco-friendly reusable grocery bag (Taste Guru Exclusive)
- Gluten Free & More Magazine –Current issue of America’s #1 magazine for people with allergies and food sensitivities.
A monthly subscription to Taste Guru is $19 per month plus $5 shipping per month. A one year subscription is $240 (including shipping), so you’ll save $48 per year.
The back of the information card has a chef inspired recipe. This one uses the crackers in the box to substitute for what is traditionally breadcrumbs.
- Breton Gluten Free Crackers with Flax ($3) Surprisingly delicious for being made with corn starch. Gluten free items are magically good sometimes.
- Saffron Road Korean BBQ Crunchy Chickpeas ($5) My husband claimed these – he is in LOVE with them. Great taste & healthy snack
- Taste Guru Magnet (freebie)
- Enstrom Almond Toffee Milk Chocolate bar (bonus) I ate it. It was delicious. Like a Heath bar on crack.
- Lentil Crackers Cracked Pepper ($1) Perfect with hummus, they are certified gluten free. I’ve had them before and they are good.
- Dave’s Homemade Sweet & Sassy Smokehouse Rub ($6) So great to include things like spices. If you have celiac you have to be so careful. This was such a nice product that I’m saving it for a Christmas gift. It’s going to be perfect for my spice rub loving aunt!
- Schar Bonta d’Italia Pasta ($3) This is the top European brand of GF pasta and it has CRAZY GOOD reviews on Amazon!
- Peeled Snacks Apple Clusters ($4.50) These are one of my kids’ very favorite snacks. I don’t think we had tried the cinnamon crunch flavor, and it was delicious!
This was a great box! We got 5 full size items and several other deluxe samples so you can test out the item and see if it fits in your gluten free kitchen. Plus, even if you don’t keep gluten free if you have visitors or entertain this is a good way to keep some gluten free items around if you are in need of them. The total value was $22.50, and with the monthly cost of the box at $19 ($5 shipping), this is a good value. Food boxes are always right around the cost of the box and sometimes specialty food boxes are a little less. So this was perfect.
Visit Taste Guru to find out more or to subscribe. Check out all my Taste Guru Reviews! Don’t forget to take a look at other Subscription Boxes for Special Diets.
The Description: Taste Guru delivers you delicious new gluten free products along with chef inspired recipes each and every month. We hand-pick and deliver the best gluten-free food to your door! Taste Guru is under new management.
The Price: $24 per month