Universal Yums is a brand new international snack subscription! Every month you’ll take a trip to a new country and munch on brand new snacks. Yum Yum! There are two sizes of box, the Yum ($10) and the Yum Yum ($20). If you order before Dec 1, you’ll receive this box, plus lock in the pricing for the life of your subscription! Plus you can enter the giveaway for a box below!
Woohooo we’re going to Germany! I love German snacks. Plus is this not the CUTEST idea? The tissue is arranged like the German flag. The information card supplies a bit of detail about each snack, plus a photo. The ingredients have been translated and are listed on the Universal Yums site.
When I was typing this up I discovered that half the snacks were from Lorenz, which is a giant salty snacks company headquartered in Germany. I enjoyed reading about it and checking out all their products. Even though many of the snacks were from the same company they were all very different.
- Lorenz Curly Peanuts – A super unique German snack, these are sort of like old puffy Cheetos, except peanut! Crunchy and crispy.
- Lorenz Saltlett’s Classic – classic German pretzels flavored with sea salt. MMM Salt.
- Manner Lemon Wafer – Well, this is actually an Austrian snack. I love wafer cookies and especially lemon and half my family is Austrian, so I was happy to see it!
- Hitschler Softi Sticks – these are fun taffy sticks and yummy. They were a nice balance while we worked our way through all the salty stuff.
- Haribo Gold Bears – I have discussed this before, most people think Haribo is a Japanese snack, but they are 100% German. Love them!
- Kinder Happy Hippo – Kinder is a German chocolate/confection company (mostly all made with milk, hence the Kinder), and I have surprisingly never had one of these hazelnut hippos! Delicious!
- Ritter Sport Chocolate – Ritter is a classic German chocolate brand, they have tons of flavors, I got yogurt filling. These are a treat for me!
- Leibniz Choco Pick Up! I may have mentioned in the past that I was born in Germany and Leibniz was my childhood cracker/cookie. I cannot resist them. CANNOT. And sticking chocolate in between? Yessss!
- Schluckwerder Marzipan – Marzipan is a sweet almond confection and this one has a nice coating of dark chocolate. It’s a great holiday treat!
Dr. Quendt’s Dinkelchen – I thought this was the most unique snack in the box! they are made with wheat bran and Russian bread, and of course, coated in milk chocolate. We loved these! If I could order a case for lunches I would.
I can’t believe I’m still reviewing. There was really a lot in this box!
- Lorenz Monster Munch – SO adorable, since they are little monsters & ghosties we’re hanging on to them for next week. They are puffy with a cheese flavor.
- Lorenz Naturals Paprika – Real paprika, not that old stuff on grandma’s shelf. Delicious chips!
We SO enjoyed this box and loved the variety of flavors. For $20 per month I thought it was also an amazing deal! Plus everything was fresh and in excellent condition (no mashed up snacks here). Remember to lock in your subscription price. And here’s the hint for the January box!
Spicy snacks, amazing treats.
You’re about to get some real good eats.
To Say hello, they’ll often shake hands,
But if you speak Spanish, they won’t understand.
What are your guesses?
Universal Yums is giving away one box to my readers! This giveaway is sponsored solely by Universal Yums!
Universal Yums Giveaway on Mommy Splurge
The Description: Each month, you’ll receive a box of unique, delicious snacks from a different country delivered right to your door. No repeats! 0% Yuck, 100% Yum.
The Price: Cost: $10 (Yum Box) $20 (Yum Yum Box) per month.