Daylight Savings Time is almost upon us and all my normal tips – like move your kids’ schedules back 10 minutes a day for a week – are pretty much out the window. It’s Halloween week y’all and everyone’s schedules are out of whack!
Brandy’s Sleep Tips for Daylight Savings Time
1. Oh let’s get real, you’re not going to be able to move your kids’ schedules (bless you if you can!). Put them to bed and wake them up according to their normal times on Saturday night and on Sunday morning.
2. If you want to get your extra hour of fall back sleep, plan an activity for Saturday afternoon that will wear their little butts out. If you have an infant like I do, plan for extra play time – but not too much that they get overstimulated.
3. Kids still in diapers? Put a diaper on that will give you hours and hours of wetness protection like Pampers. My babies all have woken up if their diapers aren’t dry enough!
4. Have a great bedtime routine that includes a song. When I had my first baby I didn’t know any songs, so I made one up. It’s the most ridiculous song you have ever heard. Even my big girl (now 6) asks for it every. single. night. Bedtime routines do not have to be long (I don’t do reading at bedtime – I do it during the day) or complicated. Bath, lotion, song, get in bed children!
Twitter Party for More Tips & Prizes!
You can enter a giveaway for two packs of Pampers and two packs of wipes at the end of this post. But you can also participate in a Twitter party for a chance at some amazing giveaway prizes! Be sure to connect with Pampers on Twitter!
The #PampersSleepChat Twitter Party will take place on Wednesday October 29th at 9pm EST! You can RSVP Here: http://vite.io/DoubleDutyDivas. Be sure to follow your hosts @DoubleDutyDivas, @BridgetteLA, @CeceliaMecca @AngieKcom @WhatMommiesNeed @RamblingChick, and @Pampers to participate!
The prizes are going to be SO AWESOME! The first prize includes my middle son’s fave nightlight (he has TWO!). But really, check them out, they are huge! I totally win things at Twitter parties and you should so try it out and also get some more great advice on getting your kids to sleep.
Twitter Party Prizes Include:
- Prize 1 – Twinkles Nightlight in Blue, 148 ct of Pampers diapers and a pack of wipes.
- Prize 2 – Pottery Barn plush security blanket, $50 Barnes & Noble gift card, a pack of Pampers diapers and wipes.
- Prize 3 – A gift card to The $125 Children’s Place for pajamas, a pack of Pampers diapers/wipes
- Prize 4 – A Kindle Fire so parents can purchase baby bedtime books, an $100 Amazon gift card to purchase the e-books, a pack of Pampers diapers and wipes.