I hear that the Plated coupon code HAPPYHOLIDAYS3 is still working! New + current customers save 21%. You can also get 2 free plates with code b0c635 if you’re a new customer.
Plated is encouraging/challenging people to a NoTakeout New Year, which I think is a great idea! I rarely do takeout, but everything just falls apart during the holidays and when our schedules are out of whack. Good grief, I fed my children take-out pizza for lunch! I’m all for getting back to basics and cooking with whole real food, whether you use a meal subscription service or not! I went to the store today without a plan, and I ended up bringing home 6 loaves of bread (um seriously Brandy!). Ok, ok, there was a buy 1 get 2 free deal on sandwich bread, which we are using for a French toast dinner (thanks for the idea Alena!), 2 are for fondue, and another is for an appetizer. But I had no plan for dinner and ended up not buying anything at all (except bread), which is silly. I definitely need to improve on my meal planning if I’m going to avoid takeout!
- Sweet Potato and Kale Pizza
- Swiss Chard Rolls Stuffed with Quinoa and Goat Cheese
- Thai-Style Pork Salad with Papaya & Mint
- Braised Pollock in Tomato-Fennel Broth with Potatoes and Dill
- Tofu, Cashew, and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
- Steak Fajitas with Guacamole
- Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Ramen
And yes, if I could, I would order that entire menu! It looks really great! My top picks would be the ramen (though we have one of the best home-made ramen joints in the US a short walk away, and I would totally go for takeout for that), steak fajitas, and Thai-style pork salad!
FYI, you can now also (at least in certain zip codes, including mine!) choose Tuesday or Friday delivery for Plated as well as see & order the following week’s menu! I’m pretty excited about this because I also use Hello Fresh dinner kits (mine arrive on Wednesdays). So whether you want to use Plated for week-night ease or weekend dinner out replacements, it’s pretty nice.
- Seared Salmon with Winter Citrus Salad
- Bulgur Salad with Green Beans, Cherry Tomatoes, and Feta
- Provencal Steak with Purple Potatoes and Green Beans
- Carrot Kari with Garbanzo Beans over Basmati Rice
- Spanish Chickpea and Spinach Soup
- Chicken with White Wine Pan Sauce
- Miso Ginger Crusted Pollock with Chinese Broccoli
You can see all the meal subscription services & dinner kits in the directory! What are you doing to avoid takeout and improve your meal planning for the New Year?