Unlike last month when I got the worst Birchbox in the WORLD this one pretty much rocked! I was so excited and I think my box was outstanding (granted after last month I had rock-bottom expectations!). It was just as good as my husband’s March Birchbox Man!
I got my March Birchbox!
Like the men’s version, this month is all about March Madness. Except not about basketball – Birchbox wants to hear about your beauty face-offs!
What’s in the box?
I got some really high quality products in my box this go-around. I tweaked my profile and
I don’t remember what I did. But whatever I did worked! I changed my “likely to splurge on item” from face cream to makeup color. I guess it worked! We’ll have to see next month’s results!
- Caudalie Premier Cru The Eye Cream. Uses caffeine and grape antioxidants to soften fine lines and reduce dark circles. Yes!!! I am SO happy I got this one!
- Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo. I’m sure this is great but this is the third dry shampoo I’ve received in the past thirty days. Time to find a new unsung product box makers! That being said, I really like this one. It is very high quality. I find that dry shampoo is an excellent styling product for my super-fine hair (especially as I normally have to take a shower at night with my schedule). Just be careful with it – it’s easy to overdo.
- Stella Cadente Miss Me Eau de Parfum. While I didn’t enjoy this particular one (smells like baby powder to me) I am always happy to get a fragrance sample. I don’t enjoy purchasing large perfume bottles because then I wear the same scent for-ev-ar.
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. Uses micro crystals and papaya enzymes. I do have some hormone & sun related discolorations on my face so I was really excited to get this in my box.
- Beauty Extra – Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board. I actually REALLY needed an emery board so I was thrilled to get this in my box!
I was disappointed that there wasn’t some sort of weensy sample inside this card. The front has a window that you open to discover the secret of benefit Fakeup (it’s concealer inside a circle of moisturizer). You know like one of those little foundation samples.
Should you splurge?
I was just so so happy with this box! I got samples addressing my actual concerns (aging, dark circles, hyperpigmentation) instead of stuff that I couldn’t give two craps about. Birchbox really redeemed itself for me after last month’s total dud.
Birchbox is a monthly sampling box. You fill out your profile and Birchbox selects one of 30+ (!!) iterations of their boxes to send to you. Birchbox is a discovery service and you earn rewards points by subscribing and reviewing your products that you can spend on full-size items on their site. Thanks if you use my link to sign up! 🙂
You can check out more reviews in my directory! Also you can use coupon code MARCH20 to get 20% off purchases in the Birchbox shop!