Obviously you should do a patch test. This is what works for me to get Mr. Sketch and other stainy markers out of my children’s clothes. I am a bargain shopper and I like to sell my kids clothes for nearly what I paid for them. I can’t do that if they are stained! (and no, you just can’t sell every piece of clothing, some just aren’t in good enough condition to sell).
Steps to get Mr. Sketch Markers out of fabric
- Place clothes on a towel. (You want to not have the marker soak through to the other side)
- Pour rubbing alcohol over the affected area. (no don’t dab it etc you’re just going to mess up the fabric) Let it soak for an hour. It’s going to look like it didn’t do anything.
- Run it under COLD water. Let it soak for an hour or two. It may look like there is still some left. Run more COLD water on it.
- Let soak. You want to make sure that this stain is actually out before laundering.
- Check and make sure the stain is really really out.
Voila. This is what I do every time (and it happens a lot) and it works for me. Rubbing Alcohol is available at virtually all the “big” stores – grocery stores, drug stores, Target, Walmart, warehouse stores and it’s cheap. No need to buy anything fancy.