We got our NatureBox!
I took advantage of an awesome GiltCity Naturebox deal last week (unfortunately no longer available), and our box is in! I impressed with what came in this box.
In each Naturebox Discovery Box you get 15-20 servings total from 5 different seasonally themed natural snacks. No HFCS, no artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors! No partially hydrogenated crap. You can use my link to save $5 off your first box. Check out the NatureBox listing in the directory for additional information on this monthly snack box.
What’s in the box
To be honest, I’m not sure if this was the January or February box, but I’m going with January. I don’t think that each box is necessarily the same.
In our box we had 5 healthy snacks (in clockwise order from the upper left): Wild Berry Bunch, Orange Crush Granola, Cranberry Almond Bites, Masa Crisps, and Country Ranch Peas.
What we liked about this box
There’s a lot to like about this box.
- Very interesting and unique flavors (country ranch peas!)
- Each snack has a different texture
- Everything is pretty much all natural.
- Great stockup box and discovery box with five different flavors.
- The flavors are great. The Cranberry Almond Bites are almost infused with Cranberry. The Orange Crush Granola is similarly infused with orange flavor. The Masa Crisps are extremely tasty.
- Non-GMO ingredients clearly labeled (but not everything is non-GMO)
- Nutritional information is right on each package.
- 21 servings in the box (compared to the promised 15-20). They are small servings, but these are calorie-dense foods.
- Expiration dates of 5/31.
- My kids will love these snacks!
What we didn’t like about this box
- More granola. Granola is hard for little kids like mine to navigate. Doesn’t mean they don’t like it and it’s not tasty, but it does kind of make a mess. Moms and Dads, save this for your greek yogurt or for your bigger kids! (Remember my reviews are focused on family use, including small children!)
- The golden raisins in the Wild Berry Bunch are sulfured.
- The Masa Crisps are a wee bit on the salty side. They would be good with hummus or salsa.
- That’s it!
I think this is a good value interesting stock-up box. The flavors were great and the box was priced well. Some of the snacks are items that I’ve never seen in a grocery store, so I can’t really compare prices. While the price is good, the Family Snacker (10 bags for $29.95) would be a really excellent value. My NatureBox account says that they are currently testing the option to personalize your box. I would be interested in a larger box less frequently, especially as these snacks have a longer shelf life than some of the other snack boxes. I recommend giving it a try! You can sign up at Naturebox using my link and save $5.