Love with Food is a gourmet sampling box filled with 8+ gourmet treasures centered around a theme. Box prices range from $10/month (annual plan) to $12/month, including shipping. Love with Food has a points program for rating and reviewing your samples. Spend your points on the food you love the most.
[box] use code DISCOVERFOOD to get your March box free! New subscribers only.[/box]
Check out the Love With Food listing in the MommySplurge directory.
Our Love With Food box came!
What’s in the box
The theme for the February Love With Food box is Spicy and Sweet Valentine’s Day!
Our box contained
- Hagensborg Chocolates Truffle *Piglets* in Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Funny Face Low Sugar flavored Cranberries in Cherry
- Bobbysue’s Original Nuts – spicy-sweet almonds, cashews, and pecans
- Millie’s Savory Teas Tomato-Basil Sipping Broth (infused with green tea)
- Nektar Naturals Honey Crystals
- Donseumor Chocolate Madeline
- Jer’s Square chocolate square with Valencia peanut butter center
- Beanfields Pico de Gallo Bean & Rice Chip (gluten free)
What We Liked
Unbelieveably my daughter selected the cranberries as her snack. She loved them and I loved that they had half the sugar of craisins! I loved the selection in this box. My kids will get the piglets for V-day, and I’m saving the broth for myself!
I also really liked that the box was full, and the information card had social media contacts (Twitter handles) for the producers.
What We Didn’t Like
Ok, if I have to pick something, it might be the honey crystals, but I will put this on oatmeal for my kids. There were 9 items in the box, which gives you a little room to not love every single item. I’m a little unsure about the green tea in the broth but totally up for giving it a shot. I drink a ton of bouillon (this is really great stuff – Rapunzel bouillon) so I would love to try a new one!
Should you splurge?
I think yes. I’m very interested to see what’s in the non-Valentine’s themed boxes, but I thought this was an appropriate value. I especially like the points program and it really pays off to get a 6 month subscription ($66) or 12 month subscription ($120) – you get 1,000 bonus points to spend in the shop. The 3 month plan ($36) comes with 500 points. You can sign up with Love with Food using my referral link.
If you’ll excuse me, some sipping broth is calling my name!