Here are my hits & misses from the past week.
First, the bad news.
- my entire Birchbox
- Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm. I was interested in trying this – the one item in my Birchbox I didn’t want to give away. It brought up huge flakey patches on my face (Hello Birchbox stop sending my dry old skin mattifying crap). I tried to take a picture but failed. You wouldn’t want to see it anyways. I was going to try it again today after slathering oil on my face, but I woke up to a GIGANTIC breakout (I never break out). I am very disappointed in this. I was pleasantly surprised to find the balm is tinted but that was the only thing I liked about it. It smeared on funny too. Kind of sat on top of my face.
And the good news!
- Vincent Longo Lipstain in Americana (Red). Thrilled with this from my Glossybox. I was so impressed with the formulation of this lipstick.
- Graze. The kids really really love these snacks.
- My Julep Polishes. Look, I don’t think these are probably the very best nail polishes ever made. But they are affordable and got me to do my nails again. I think they are high value (especially the mystery box) and I don’t have to shlep to the store for them. I skyped with my grandparents on Thursday and they noted two things – how much weight I’ve lost in the last month and that my nails were painted.
- My Grandma. She always knows how to make me happy.
- You guys. Even though the blog is new I think I’ve had a great response from commenters and giveaway entrants. I really appreciate all the suggestions on what to review next, and I’ll be working on it!
- Hemp Hearts. From my KLUTCHbox. My picky picky daughter asked for the “seeds” to go on top of her oatmeal yesterday. WINNING.
Please sign up via RSS (full entries, I don’t believe in forcing people to click through!), Facebook, and/or twitter. Especially the latter two so I can cajole people in sending me stuff to give away!
- Birchbox Man review
- Kids boxes
- Weight loss (I know all you skinny young things are sighing, but this is a really big deal for me!).
- General life with kids.
- Also, I totally intend to do a monthly Trash N Treasure giveaway, so please sign up so you don’t miss them.
- And how could I possibly forget? I’ve invited a college pal, also a working professional mom of a school-age boy and pregnant now(!), to review Maternity and Baby items. I am ridiculously excited.
- Some great post series. I’m still working this out but I want to do a weekly hits/misses, must-haves for different age stages of my very favorite things (I can’t tell you how many times I have typed out my list of must-get stuff for babies and kids for my friends), organizing in minutes a day, and a million other things floating around in my head.
Goals for the week
- stop saying terrible, ridiculous, and excited. Lofty goal. I don’t think I’ll make it.